Custom paint jobs PVC's - New Zealand

laimeduck

My daughter & her friend are currently in a Camper Van in New Zealand for 73 days after having spent a month in Fiji & before that a month in Australia.

They rented the van from Escape Rentals in Aukland and are predominantly using the DOC sites costing about £10 per night.

Escapes 200 odd vans are all unique and her rental for the 73 days is £37 per day inclusive of insurance full breakdown and full damage waiver.

All the vans are custom painted - she has “Lancelot” - not going to be missed in that one!

Just think - you could customise your own vans - employ a graffiti artist, & get them off the dole! What scheme would you go for?

Edit - can't seem to add further pictures - will try later?!

lancelot.jpg.56443a61c1d090a8f7080766b19cd9cf.jpg

Hi

Just be thankful she's not travelling in a Wicked Camper - they are also unique, but their grafiti is not so tasteful!

If you are happy to take an older van conversion, there are some good deals for renting in Oz and NZ from the smaller companies. We had a 3 month rental of a Calypso Camper from Melbourne for less than $60 a day all in.

Also recommend the DoC Sites in NZ - they tend to use honesty boxes and are in really good locations.

gonewalkabout - 2012-03-09 11:25 PM

Hi

Just be thankful she's not travelling in a Wicked Camper - they are also unique, but their grafiti is not so tasteful!

I'd agree with that.

Here's an example of one of the more tasteful Wicked campers in New Zealand, that is suitable for a family forum:

wickedbeaver1.jpg.5a7b35f8c46c14ae5932685f0b14c24f.jpg

Kia ora !

It would seem that m/homers in the fair land of NZ are getting a reputation that is hard to shake off.

Usual problems, of dumping black / grey water any where, leaving litter and generally making a beautiful view most unpleasant by seeing who can have the most eye catching ( eye watering) graffiti.

Even the tolerant kiwis, is starting to turn according to local news reports.

One case where the m/home was towed away whilst its owner was out surfing ! The guys had out stayed their welcome , and the locals took matters into thier own hands !

Weather here in Auckland about the same as UK it seems, but a lot less crowded !

Rgds

tonyishuk - 2012-03-17 3:35 AM

Kia ora !

It would seem that m/homers in the fair land of NZ are getting a reputation that is hard to shake off.

Usual problems, of dumping black / grey water any where, leaving litter and generally making a beautiful view most unpleasant by seeing who can have the most eye catching ( eye watering) graffiti.

Even the tolerant kiwis, is starting to turn according to local news reports.

One case where the m/home was towed away whilst its owner was out surfing ! The guys had out stayed their welcome , and the locals took matters into thier own hands !

Weather here in Auckland about the same as UK it seems, but a lot less crowded !

Rgds

Hi Tony - yes some are a bit garish, but I personally like them. I think a bit of colour is actually less intrusive than serried ranks of white vans all perfectly lined up in rows like a Stalag camp! (Just look at some of the UK coastline for these monstrosities).

As long as they are "art", rather than a message or risqué, then that's fine with me. I think Lancelot is really quite appealing - he's obviously quite a laid back knight with a paunch - reminds me of me!

As far as pollution is concerned I know my daughter would be mortified if she saw someone doing anything like that. She would certainly go over & give them a dressing down - scary red head! My impression from her is that the youngsters are probably not the main polluters as they are more environmentally aware?

Anyway, I think it is great that youngsters can afford to rent a campervan and enjoy the freedom & benefits of that sort of holiday.

lancelot4.jpg.d91c6bb60b876082feabd5cef77ea2a5.jpg

Hi,

If truth be known, there is probably more eco damage caused by middle class gypsy wild campers in Europe than in the small numbers in NZ.

I must admit some "sign-age" billboards, trucks etc out here is a craft to behold, garish it maybe, entertaining - definately !

Rgds

Archived