Tyreseal treatment - any good?

With no spare tyre provided in my Adria I am looking at the best way of guarding against punctures.

The Fiat Ducato 'emergency tyre repair' kit is by most accounts a waste of space and weight.

Buying a spare tyre and storing in the garage is costly and added weight plus loss of storage room as underfloor store is not an option. Plus jacking up a 3.5 ton MH is not recommended and possibly not realistic with the jack provided.

So when the Fiat service agent suggested Tyreseal treatment at £10 per tyre installed it seemed a good cheap alternative. Lots of commercial companies seem to find it very good according to the video on the website: www.tyreseal.co.uk

I haven't yet commited to purchase, so any comments on this product in use on motorhomes would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest pelmetman
I quite fancy the idea of this stuff...........If it works ;-).............It would fool the Barcelona tyre stabbers :D

Yes - good side benefit - you could happily give the spanish low life the winston churchill salute if they try telling you that you've got a flat tyre as well.

Another good feature of the dealer installing is that they deflate and inflate the tyre for you as part of the installation.

I and my friend had Puncturesafe put into our tyres 3 yrs ago and have not had any problems. The guy came to my house and did each motorhome in about 15 minutes.

One of the testimonials on their web site is from Royal Mail who have had 33,000 of their vehicles tyres injected with the product.

Puncturesafe is waterbased and due to tyre age my friend has just had his 4 tyres replaced. The liquid (which is blue incidentally) had coated the inside of the tyres completely and was still the same liquid consistancy as the day that it was put in.

One word of caution is to check your tyre every now and then for any foreign objects in the tread as the tyre will not go down and give the normal warning of a nail etc in the tyre.

Some people suggest that if the tyre has a nail in it then any steel chords in the tyre could rust due to the product being waterbased. I was aware of this suggestion, but decided that the confidence of knowing that I would not be stranded due to a puncture was of paramount importance.

And finally I do have a spare wheel in the case of a disaster, but so far so good. My recommend is :- get it done. Safe motoring whatever your final choice.

Mike

Thanks Mike - good information.

The tyreseal stuff is also water based and blue so it sounds like the same stuff under a different brand name.

The no spare wheel problem is a real issue - no room underneath for a wind down wheel due to large waste tank etc. I'll be lobbying the manufacturer to reinstate the spare when we ( and 55 other Adria Club Members) visit the factory later this month!

We have had our tyres done for three years now, including the spare. we had a serious accident two years ago, where the front wheel and axel was bent, amongst other parts. The tyre did not deflate, as we had to have a new wheel , we made shore that the new one was also filled with the puncture safe Would definetley recommend it Had ours done at Adventure Montorhomes

PJay

Archived