CC and Dog peeing

takeaflight

It appears that the CC have confirmed that fouling by a pet on one of their sites includes peeing !

and will not be tolerated.

I did email them on the 28th Feb to confirm this, but as of to-day no reply.

While allowing a dog to pee up or on someone's else's pitch or property is not acceptable, is this a step to far ?

Roy

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
takeaflight - 2012-03-09 5:06 PM

pelmetman - 2012-03-09 4:56 PM

They're taking the P *-)

Actually they are not.

They wont you to (lol)

I'll have to tie a bottle on the end of Troy's dick as he's a serial leg cocker 8-).....................Actually I've a better idea we'll just avoid their main sites like we do now ;-)

pelmetman - 2012-03-09 5:12 PM

takeaflight - 2012-03-09 5:06 PM

pelmetman - 2012-03-09 4:56 PM

They're taking the P *-)

Actually they are not.

They wont you to (lol)

I'll have to tie a bottle on the end of Troy's dick as he's a serial leg cocker 8-).....................Actually I've a better idea we'll just avoid their main sites like we do now ;-)

The CC rules will be as thick,( in both senses), very soon as a phone directory. Thinking of NOT RENEWING my membership next year.

To be fair - I as a dog owner (we have two) I think it is the height of disrespect to allow your dog onto another persons pitch.

We have come across some truly awful dog owners who have left there dog tied on a long lead at the back of their motorhome thereby allowing it to wander in and out of the next pitch whilst they sat ignoring what it got up to on the other side.

The resulting "barny" when the other camper came back was quite spectacular.

Another cvan owner (as I have said before) actually watched me leave the site then let his dog out to pee and poo on our pitch - but he did not know that SWMBO was still in the cvan and saw exactly what he did.

It staggers me that some dog owners can be so awful.

I have never been treated with anything other than a friendly greeting when walking the dogs and always only allow the dogs onto someone elses pitch if given permission. Most people are happy to have two waggy tailed happy dogs come along to say hello - but not everybody.

If true the CC has been rather silly as a bit of dog pee is niether here nor there - but no dog owner should allow a dog to pee on someones pitch. The side of the verge is fine for wee and all poo should be picked up.

Guest pelmetman
Agreed Clive we would never let Troy foul any ones pitch or ours ;-)..................But if true.... this is typical of the Caravan Corporation *-)............more Petty fogging rules.......no doubt the numpty who came up with this idea is either a serial dog hater or a non camper......or both *-)

Irresponsible dog owners are without doubt disrespectful, however IMHO so are parents that allow their children to kick a football around close to others caravans and motorhomes when quite often there is a play area provided, late night drinkers with raised voices, (unless your are one of them). People that insist on parking next to you when there is loads of space, Generators, air con units running through the night !

The list is endless.

As I get older the truth is most things irritate me, but is not about time the CC changed its name to something like CSC Caravan Shopping Channel and for us to face the facts that all it's about is trying to flog us something .

takeaflight - 2012-03-09 6:26 PM  As I get older the truth is most things irritate me, but is not about time the CC changed its name to something like CSC Caravan Shopping Channel and for us to face the facts that all it's about is trying to flog us something .

Funny, since I joined I've distinctly got the impression that the CC is about providing quality camp sites and CLs and using all of its profits to open even more sites. I do occasionally get emails mentioning insurance and ferry bookings but, I'm free to ignore them, although I did in fact insure my motorhome through them as the club offered by far the best package.

Funnily enough lots of other firms try to sell me things, Tesco, M & S and others are always trying to sell me extra services but, once again, I can just ignore them!

As for all these rules, what are they? Whenever I've checked in on a site no one has ever shown me a list of rules, or asked me to sign a contract regarding my behaviour. I did once see some signs warning about speeding and assumed that the club had had to erect them because some stupid people drive too quickly on sites where children may be playing.

I think that anyone who is worried about what seems to any reasonable person to be sensible rules, or objects to the club promoting its other services should resign immediately and leave more space for those of us who are happy with it.

Unfortunately by nature dogs will mark their territory in the way they know. A little squirt here and a little squirt there to advise other dogs that they have been and probably gone.

Some may say that is fine as it is their nature, but of course if the next occupants have a small child crawling over the pitch and probaly putting everything they find in their mouths, then possibly not so nice.

I admit I did wonder why wardens always wore thick rubber gloves when moving the white marker pegs but havings seen various hounds using them, I can fully understand.

Although many dog owners are delighted to share their property with their pets, those who do not have the pets may not share the same appreciation and having paid a fee for the pitch are probably entitled for it to be as clean as possible, and that does not mean just removal of faeces. One could say the same thing if you follow behind a human who feels using the hedge, or the back of the van is easier than going to the toilet block, especially at night and after all it is only a wee????? and yes, I know some uncouth souls do it.

At the end of the day the dog does not know any better but the owner should, so if they have a dog that is prone to doing this, then possibly having it in contact with other families is not such a good idea. One has to decide which comes first, dogs or families?

If people think the rules of the Caravan Club are wrong or just don't like the Club why on earth do they belong? Also rather than complaining on here where nothing will happen why not join the CC Forum and voice your views there. Although it might not be as sympathetic to your views :-(

David

Guest pelmetman
Klyne - 2012-03-09 8:36 PM

If people think the rules of the Caravan Club are wrong or just don't like the Club why on earth do they belong? Also rather than complaining on here where nothing will happen why not join the CC Forum and voice your views there. Although it might not be as sympathetic to your views :-(

David

Maybe because 20 years ago it was more like a club than a corporation...............You have a point though........... time to change to the CCC.........because next year I will get a discount for being 55 :D

I believe it to be a perfectly acceptable rule and really do not understand why anyone would find it anything but. I have always thought that you do not have bad dogs just bad owners in the same way that most children on sites are not bad, just bad parents who can't be bothered to take up their responsibilities.

This follows the same thinking as those that smoke, they just do not consider other people that are affected by the problem, only themselves.

I do like dogs, but very often I absolutely detest the owners. If people don't like the rules then please leave the Club and make more room for those of us that enjoy clean, quiet and yes well regulated sites.

Bas

Guest peter
Basil - 2012-03-09 10:12 PM

If people don't like the rules then please leave the Club and make more room for those of us that enjoy clean, quiet and yes well regulated sites.

Bas

Don't forget SMOKER FREE as well Basil. I wonder if stinking barbecues come under the same umbrella and are as detested as smokers?.

I don't understand how or why we are having a discussion about something no one can do any thing about. If a dog has been inside for a number of hours at night or in the day and it needs to wee then it will, we all know that, we also know that nothing anyone can do apart from nip the end of the expenditure if indeed it has one or hold it over a potty *-) *-)

I don't have or want a dog, I don't have a problem with them unless they damage me, my family or something I own, but I do understand how they work and stopping them from weeing is not going to happen.

Yes dog walks are great but you can't explain to a dog to hang on to it till you get there because this is what the rules are in this large area of grass.

Discretion and sensible/responsible owners are what it comes down to.

Mandy

pelmetman - 2012-03-09 8:50 PM
Klyne - 2012-03-09 8:36 PMIf people think the rules of the Caravan Club are wrong or just don't like the Club why on earth do they belong? Also rather than complaining on here where nothing will happen why not join the CC Forum and voice your views there. Although it might not be as sympathetic to your views :-( David
Maybe because 20 years ago it was more like a club than a corporation...............You have a point though........... time to change to the CCC.........because next year I will get a discount for being 55 :D

I genuinely do not understand how the CC is any different now from what it was twenty years ago. I wasn't a member but I know people who were. It still sold insurance and holidays and took ferry bookings. It was still a co-operative with all profits ploughed back into more sites and member benefits. Now it has a few more sites and a few more CLs.

It also has its local centres for those who want to be in a 'club' and have rallies etc.

So, how is it now different? Perhaps twenty years ago you all built a camp fire in the middle of the site and sat around it having a sing song? Maybe the wardens brought you breakfast in bed and CL owners were so pleased that you'd graced them with your presence that they gave you a fiver for staying there.

So, let's have it please. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who really wants to know how it is now a 'corporation' (which technically it can't be anyway) as opposed to a club owned by its members (which it still is) and what the differences are that now makes it a 'corporation' as opposed to a club.

francisgraham - 2012-03-09 6:43 PM

Funny, since I joined I've distinctly got the impression that the CC is about providing quality camp sites and CLs and using all of its profits to open even more sites.
Not quite CLs are private owned, and their turnover is 100 million per year, in the last 9 they have spent only 1 years turnover.

I do occasionally get emails mentioning insurance and ferry bookings but, I'm free to ignore them, although I did in fact insure my motorhome through them as the club offered by far the best package.

Funnily enough lots of other firms try to sell me things, Tesco, M & S and others are always trying to sell me extra services
But they don't charge you to be a Member !

but, once again, I can just ignore them!

As for all these rules, what are they? and Whenever I've checked in on a site no one has ever shown me a list of rules, or asked me to sign a contract regarding my behaviour. I did once see some signs warning about speeding and assumed that the club had had to erect them because some stupid people drive too quickly on sites where children may be playing.

I think that anyone who is worried about what seems to any reasonable person to be sensible rules, or objects to the club promoting its other services should resign immediately and leave more space for those of us who are happy with it.
The rules are on their web site, which you agree to by paying to be a member, we all have to live by rules to maintain order, but when a rule that is virtually unenforcible only by banning pets completely can only be thought of as stupid or they really would prefer not to have dogs, which would save them considerable expense. It was Douglas Bader who said “Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.” With respect to resigning personally I am not a member and further more I do not have a dog .I am more than happy to leave space to others who prefer, shall we say a more disciplined way of camping.

Very true Takaflight. The issue that FG ignores is that with the CC we pay to be members. The further issue of dogs peeing is not something I have been made aware of by the CC as a member - I first came accross it here.

If it is true then the rule is laughable. Unenforcable. And another reason why even as members we avoid CC sites like the plague. Not us at all. When we did use them the uniformity of the two sites we used made it seem like a barracks - maybe we were unlucky - but as I say we have not used them since.

Their mag is quite good tho.

Guest pelmetman
francisgraham - 2012-03-09 10:51 PMSo, let's have it please. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who really wants to know how it is now a 'corporation' (which technically it can't be anyway) as opposed to a club owned by its members (which it still is) and what the differences are that now makes it a 'corporation' as opposed to a club.

Club A......An association dedicated to a particular interest or activity.B......A heavy stick with a thick end, esp. one used as a weapon.Corporation C......A company or group of people authorized to act as a single entityD..... A group of people elected to govern a city, town, or borough.The CC is less A...........more like C & D............with the threat of B..........If you dare contravene any of their petty fogging rules.......... this dog peeing thread is typical of the very small mindset of the CC........and why many of us can no longer be bothered with using the main sites *-).............Indeed we only stay members to access the CL network ;-)I'm beginning to wonder if this rule (If True)........has an ulterior motive.......drive the dog owners away and then turn the valuable dog walk areas into more pitches.........Ca ching! :D

takeaflight - 2012-03-10 12:07 AM

Funny, since I joined I've distinctly got the impression that the CC is about providing quality camp sites and CLs and using all of its profits to open even more sites.
Not quite CLs are private owned, and their turnover is 100 million per year, in the last 9 they have spent only 1 years turnover.

I do occasionally get emails mentioning insurance and ferry bookings but, I'm free to ignore them, although I did in fact insure my motorhome through them as the club offered by far the best package.

Funnily enough lots of other firms try to sell me things, Tesco, M & S and others are always trying to sell me extra services
But they don't charge you to be a Member !

but, once again, I can just ignore them!

As for all these rules, what are they? and Whenever I've checked in on a site no one has ever shown me a list of rules, or asked me to sign a contract regarding my behaviour. I did once see some signs warning about speeding and assumed that the club had had to erect them because some stupid people drive too quickly on sites where children may be playing.

The rules are on their web site, which you agree to by paying to be a member, we all have to live by rules to maintain order, but when a rule that is virtually unenforcible only by banning pets completely can only be thought of as stupid or they really would prefer not to have dogs, which would save them considerable expense. It was Douglas Bader who said “Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.” With respect to resigning personally I am not a member and further more I do not have a dog .I am more than happy to leave space to others who prefer, shall we say a more disciplined way of camping.

You cannot spend turnover, you can only spend profit, and what is undisputed is that the CC is a mutual, or co-operative where all profits are kept by the club for the final benefit of the members.

Yes, I know that CLs are privately owned but it costs the club money to expand its CL network. 

I am puzzled by the comment that we pay to be members. What has that got to do with the debate about the club offering insurance, ferry bookings and other services? You don't have to accept them and I have found at least one of the services offered to be of use to me. 

I would also think that the fact that we are paid members makes the practice more acceptable, as opposed to Tesco et al who bombard us with offers after we've simply shopped in their stores.

Just because Douglas Bader said something doesn't make it true. Should we abandon speed limits or thousands of other laws and hope that all our citizens will be wise men and not fools?

But what is quite hilarious is the hysteria generated amongst dog owners. I can find no reference to this rule anywhere but why does everyone take it so literally?

If the rule exists then surely it is aimed at impressing upon people that dogs urinating on grass areas where children may play is unacceptable?  Yes, we all know, being wise men and not fools I hope, that occasionally a dog won't do as it's told but what do you think will happen if your dog pees on the way to the dog walk?

No one is going to be thrown off the site or publicly whipped, it's about sending a message to those irresponsible dog owners who seem to think that it's acceptable for their animals to urinate anywhere on the site.

And from the majority of the posts above this rule would seem to find favour with many people, except of course dog owners, and what does that tell you about some of them?

And as for your final comment, I am never happier than when pitched up by a remote loch in the Highlands but, when I need a site in the U.K. I can guarantee that a CC one will have exactly what I need. Lots of space, immaculate sanitary facilities and no noisy club. And, as I said earlier, I have never come across any rule that makes my stay unpleasant or that interferes with any reasonable behaviour. 

pelmetman - 2012-03-10 8:22 AM
francisgraham - 2012-03-09 10:51 PMSo, let's have it please. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who really wants to know how it is now a 'corporation' (which technically it can't be anyway) as opposed to a club owned by its members (which it still is) and what the differences are that now makes it a 'corporation' as opposed to a club.

Club A......An association dedicated to a particular interest or activity.B......A heavy stick with a thick end, esp. one used as a weapon.Corporation C......A company or group of people authorized to act as a single entityD..... A group of people elected to govern a city, town, or borough.The CC is less A...........more like C & D............with the threat of B..........If you dare contravene any of their petty fogging rules.......... this dog peeing thread is typical of the very small mindset of the CC........and why many of us can no longer be bothered with using the main sites *-).............Indeed we only stay members to access the CL network ;-)I'm beginning to wonder if this rule (If True)........has an ulterior motive.......drive the dog owners away and then turn the valuable dog walk areas into more pitches.........Ca ching! :D

The CC fits every definition of a club and not a corporation but you haven't yet answered the one question that I posed, which was - how is the club any different now from what it was twenty years ago?

As for your new conspiracy theory about closing dog walks so as to have more pitches why would they do that? Surely a 'corporation' would just ban dogs? They're going to upset the dog owners anyway by banning dog walking areas so why not go the whole hog and just ban dogs?

It must be quite clear to you from the posts in this thread that the vast majority of people would favour a rule that encourages dog owners to try to stop their dogs from urinating just anywhere.

Anyway, how is the CC different now from twenty years ago? How has it changed in that period?

"You cannot spend turnover, you can only spend profit, and what is undisputed is that the CC is a mutual, or co-operative where all profits are kept by the club for the final benefit of the members."

I suppose it depends upon your definition of "spend" - but to my mind if you do not "spend" turnover it is profit.

Turnover consists of income and expenditure - to get "turnover" you spend money on the building blocks of your business and then sell those building blocks. If you can sell them at more than the unit cost to you - you make a profit. If you sell each unit at less than cost price you make a loss.

But the point is that a business be it in profit or a loss still "spends"

Me thinks FG that you need to think things through a bit more.

And please FG - do not go off on one trying to prove that you are right! - I fully accept that when it comes to being belligerent I cannot compete with you - if I try you will beat me with your greater expertise in this specific area

(lol)

Archived