Mobilsat i-sat satellite dish

jandg

• 1 month later...
Hello and yes, we bought one just before Christmas last year when they first came out from Premier Motorhomes; easy to set up and install, we have fixed ours permanently on the roof using the recommended products and it's not blown off yet despite the gales! Only downside would be that as the dish is so small it can sometimes take up to 4 minutes (that's the longest) to lock onto a satellite, but other times it's done and dusted in under 1 - doesn't seem to be any reason for this. If you do fit one permanently on the roof, make sure there is room for it to almost open right out - we found this out when we tested it on the floor prior to installation, as during the satellite search it can open to almost 180degrees whilst turning and gradually comes up at each rotation until it locks on. We are pleased generally as we didn't want to pay a s**t-load for one and it only weighs about 5Kg so a third of the others, and the best bit we got it for under £700 (vat free here), which is at least 50% cheaper than others :-D

• 5 months later...
We have just purchased a brand new Bailey Unicorn and had this sat dish fitted to the roof. Looks good but haven't been out in the van to test it out yet, so will give my views at the end of November being our first 'test trip'. However, I am concerned about strong winds and not sure how sturdy this it will be. Could the dish be damaged? I don't see anything in the instructions giving any warnings etc. can anyone advise? Many thanks. :-|

Archived