Diesel Space heater

suntrecker38

My Autocruise Starspirit has an Eberspacher D2 heater. It is very good but some people complain about the noise outside. It is noisy when it starts up but soon settles down.

Had the van 7 years and this year it broke down for the first time. It was a faulty ECU which cost £410 to replace including fitting . I believe that a lot of HGV drivers use them.

suntrecker38 - 2012-03-10 4:22 PM

Does anyone know anything about the diesel space heater that is it to the Autocruise M/H (Dreamstar) How it works and is it any good

I think the Stardream used an Eberspacher "Combitronic" system that heated water as well as air. There's some earlier forum threads here:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/search/query.asp?action=search&searchforumid=all&keywords=combitronic&author=&days=&Submit=Search

GOOGLEing using "Eberspacher Combitronic" (omitting the quote-marks) will retrieve a lot more stuff.

Hi,

I take it you mean a Stardream ? we have got an Eberspacher D5 Combitronic Space Heater and Hot water system,in our Autocruise Starburst. very pleased with it, like being able to use it 'on the move' can be heavy on battery power, but otherwise prefer it to previous van which had a 'Carver/truma' system. recommend it. Ray

The dealer (or previous owner) should talk you through the various on-board functions. Get them to specifically show you how the diesel heater works and where all the fuses / switches / controls for it are. They are nothing to fear and mostly reliable things - truckers have used them for decades.

crinklystarfish - 2012-03-12 10:06 AM

The dealer (or previous owner) should talk you through the various on-board functions. Get them to specifically show you how the diesel heater works and where all the fuses / switches / controls for it are. They are nothing to fear and mostly reliable things - truckers have used them for decades.

On the assumption that they knew!!

Archived