Mosel for Easter?

Mike B.

If anyone is planning going up the Mosel around Easter time, there is quite a lot happening in Trier to kick it off.

There is a massive medieval market plus craft fairs etc etc starting March 31st. We were there last Easter and it was superb. Even the owners of the Aire in Trier left Easter Eggs outside the vans for everybody on Easter Sunday. Weather was great too.

I have attached the newsletter for anyone who is contemplating a trip this year

Enjoy

Mike

http://www.trier-info.de/english/sights-in-trier

Guest JudgeMental
looking to do something at Easter...So weather OK at Easter last year, was it better then here can you remember. Temps at Trier encouraging at moment.last week were below zero. 10 day forecast 13-18 deg C mind you London 17 deg today :-D

JudgeMental - 2012-03-11 12:05 PM

looking to do something at Easter...So weather OK at Easter last year, was it better then here can you remember. Temps at Trier encouraging at moment.last week were below zero. 10 day forecast 13-18 deg C mind you London 17 deg today :-D

If I remember correctly it was warm in UK last Easter. It was T shirts & shorts weather in Mosel-probably 4 or 5 degs higher than UK if I remember correctly. I remember sitting outside sunbathing with a beer in Piesport while the Mrs watched the Royal Wedding-what was the wedding day like in UK?

I also remember being very hot in leathers in Bernkastle as well during the week-sorry that's about best I can do. Just checked the pictures and we seem to have been outside a lot.

This pic was 29th April

Mike

2058871883_Piesport2011.jpg.ceab7fbb9eb81f2d2541d29e7b98fa1b.jpg

Archived