Knickers!

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Watching the One show with Mary Portus who has started a knicker factory................... apparently in the gusset they have embroidered "Love Your Country"...........I hope their embroiderers can spell (lol) (lol) (lol)

Oi with comments like that you could get us shut down. While I'm on, in an other thread you suggested nappies for dogs can you invent something for birds as they feed from my wifes bird table in the back garden fly over the garage to the driveway and leave me a deposit over the car she wont let me use a shotgun as she likes birds. John :-D 8-)

Guest pelmetman
teflon2 - 2012-03-12 7:25 PM

Oi with comments like that you could get us shut down. While I'm on, in an other thread you suggested nappies for dogs can you invent something for birds as they feed from my wifes bird table in the back garden fly over the garage to the driveway and leave me a deposit over the car she wont let me use a shotgun as she likes birds. John :-D 8-)

I've tried pointing my weapon at birds ;-)....................unfortunately they don't seem to notice it :$................

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2012-03-12 8:49 PM

More like a maggot. :D

I've tried my best with the maggot..................but there's just no beating around the bush with it...............It just doesn't seem up to the job when it comes to attracting the birds......................I'll have go back to using nuts :D

pelmetman - 2012-03-12 7:12 PM

Watching the One show with Mary Portus who has started a knicker factory................... apparently in the gusset they have embroidered "Love Your Country"...........I hope their embroiderers can spell (lol) (lol) (lol)

On that bulk, the embroidery won't be done by hand - they'll use a Jackhard - or some such spelling. Quite apt I'd have thought. (Suit an ex-matelot?)

Gunby Hall..!!! No event Dave, just some members from the JEC club who will be dusting the cobwebs off our cars and fetching them out of winter hibernation. It's supposed to be a halfway meet up, a couple of lads coming down from the East Yorkshire area, another couple from Nottingham and Leicestershire, one from London (halfway point 8-) :D ) and me from 'tuther side 't mountains'

Will be giving the Snake Pass a bit of caning hopefully (lol) that's if the snow's cleared by then :D

Dave

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2012-03-13 12:51 PM

Gunby Hall..!!! No event Dave, just some members from the JEC club who will be dusting the cobwebs off our cars and fetching them out of winter hibernation. It's supposed to be a halfway meet up, a couple of lads coming down from the East Yorkshire area, another couple from Nottingham and Leicestershire, one from London (halfway point 8-) :D ) and me from 'tuther side 't mountains'

Will be giving the Snake Pass a bit of caning hopefully (lol) that's if the snow's cleared by then :D

Dave

Don't forget your passport and Polish phrase book so you can talk to the locals :D.............Maybe we can get Jeremy to bring his upside down pram ;-)

Ref Upside down Pram

Doris is my 1986 2CV - I took her on a Rally down to the 2010 Historic Monaco Grand Prix via Colmar & Menaggio. So she is an over the Alps veteran. She came 2nd in the rally and was described as "The lowest powered upside down Tin Bath - ever - on a rally!" The other comment was - "wherever we went, Doris was always infront of us!"

A bit more reliable than a Jag (I have an old XJ8 sport)

My daughter has been commuting daily in her 26 miles, & she's still going strong!

This is of course is still relevant to this thread ........ 2CV's are reputedly sprung by knicker elastic?

580517065_dorisreims.jpg.d743e3c37dc81df84f6089001590f9b1.jpg

Hi Jeremy, The only car I know that goes round corners on it's side :-D You weren't with that lot a few years back when they had their world rally up Scotland somewhere were you. Never seen as many, Thought i'd taken a wrong turn and ended up on Skye with the midges :D Biggest laugh was some had trailers and I'm sure one had a small caravan 8-) All good fun and well done on the Rally for coming 2nd. They are indeed a reliable motor, I love the canvas seats but would not like a long day sat in one, and the headlight dip is a remarkable piece of engineering :D

I like the shot in the pit at Rheims, very cool.

An upside down tin bath. Yeh, I can relate to that ;-) A 'BATH' pelmetman, not a pram

Dave

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2012-03-13 2:31 PM

An upside down tin bath. Yeh, I can relate to that ;-) A 'BATH' pelmetman, not a pram

Dave

How many baths do you know that have a canvas roof Dave? :D....................I wonder what the collective noun is for a group of 2 CV's?......................a Prambulation maybe ;-)

Nice to hear Doris is still going strong Jeremy B-)

pelmetman - 2012-03-13 3:02 PM

Dave

How many baths do you know that have a canvas roof Dave? :D....................I wonder what the collective noun is for a group of 2 CV's?......................a Prambulation maybe

Bathyspheres (!) (!)

josie gibblebucket - 2012-03-13 3:42 PM

Looks a bit like a pregnant roller skate :D :D

Miss Gibblebucket - wash your mouth out!

I'll have you know that in woman years Doris is about 100, so pregnant "she certainly 'aint".

I have however interfered with her a bit 8-) - plugs & points & shockers & coils & things you understand, & a little cosmetic surgery to keep her, the good looking, finely tuned, racing machine she is!

I'll wager that I can beat most cars over speed humps! (as long as they're not going uphill!) :-D

laimeduck - 2012-03-13 4:38 PM

josie gibblebucket - 2012-03-13 3:42 PM

Looks a bit like a pregnant roller skate :D :D

Miss Gibblebucket - wash your mouth out!

I'll have you know that in woman years Doris is about 100, so pregnant "she certainly 'aint".

I have however interfered with her a bit 8-) - plugs & points & shockers & coils & things you understand, & a little cosmetic surgery to keep her, the good looking, finely tuned, racing machine she is!

I'll wager that I can beat most cars over speed humps! (as long as they're not going uphill!) :-D

And after all that, does she still keep talking *-) :D

Heads down :-S

Dave

teflon2 - 2012-03-12 7:25 PM

Leave them a note explaining that if they keep it up all food will be withdrawn. That's what we do and it does seem to work until the blackberries in our garden brome available as a food source.

nowtelse2do - 2012-03-13 4:35 PM

pelmetman - 2012-03-13 3:02 PM

Dave

How many baths do you know that have a canvas roof Dave? :D....................I wonder what the collective noun is for a group of 2 CV's?......................a Prambulation maybe

Bathyspheres (!) (!)

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

... a scrap yard!!!!!

... only kidding. :D

Guest peter
This is a 2 cv based car I built from plans in 1987 and it would do over 80 mph. Very weird to drive round corner though, with the suspension lowered somewhat.

falcon.jpg.4e64d16d8077362eb319b8a9e1207552.jpg

peter - 2012-03-13 11:13 PM

This is a 2 cv based car I built from plans in 1987 and it would do over 80 mph. Very weird to drive round corner though, with the suspension lowered somewhat.

... that's some amazing car there Peter ... suggest you post a photo of it not in a snow storm though so we can see it .... :D

Archived