bord atlas

trickydicky

trickydicky - 2012-03-12 7:46 PM

hi,i keep hearing mention of the " bord atlas" !!! can anyone tell me exactly what this is and where i can get one please.when i googled it,the write up was in german so i was none the wiser.

I think it's just a German atlas, possibly with parking places for motorhomes.

If you Google again, and click on the " translate this page " you should get it in English.

;-)

Guest peter
Quite correct Losos. If you do a search I think Way To Go posted a file of stellplatz poi's that can be imported to autoroute and maybe tom tom.

peter - 2012-03-12 9:12 PM

Quite correct Losos. If you do a search I think Way To Go posted a file of stellplatz poi's that can be imported to autoroute and maybe tom tom.

.....the POIs for all the locations in the current Bordatlas book can be downloaded (in different formats) from here:

http://www.bordatlas.de/overlays.php

Great for finding potential stopping points en-route, but for any level of detail about facilities you need the book as well.

Hi,

I recently bought a copy of this year's edition for about £17 post free from Amazon UK! It arrived in a few days.

It is all in German except a glossary in English and is in two volumes Germany and rest of Europe. As well as stellplatz it lists motorhome overnight parking places at restaurants and some campsites. Just remember "kostenlos" means free ie no parking charge. 

We wouldn't travel to Germany without it!

Steve  

Neither has anyone else Laurence!

But I certainly found the books VERY useful on our lst trip eastwards - far more so than the CC Europe book, which we also had with us.

Volume 2 is smaller, and covers lots of countries, so inevitably its range is limited, but Vol 1 is really all anyone needs for travelling in Germany in a MH.

Archived