Some good news for older folk with existing medical problems, travel Insurance

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave
Following my shock quote of £320 for a single trip policy for 59 days to France, since attaining the age of 66 with my previous insurer ( Staysure), and now being diagnosed with COPD which obviosly I needed to declare, and the missus with her existing Osteoarthritis, on the recommendation of a friend I tried ( after God knows many others without much luck ) a company called goodtogoinsurance.com who will cover us for the same duration for £68 on their "Silver" policy.This may be of help to others trying to find insurance who have existing health issues. They will also cover older folk as well with apparantly no age limit, hope that helps some of you folk on here. ;-)

1footinthegrave - 2012-03-13 7:08 PM

Following my shock quote of £320 for a single trip policy for 59 days to France, since attaining the age of 66 with my previous insurer ( Staysure), and now being diagnosed with COPD which obviosly I needed to declare, and the missus with her existing Osteoarthritis, on the recommendation of a friend I tried ( after God knows many others without much luck ) a company called goodtogoinsurance.com who will cover us for the same duration for £68 on their "Silver" policy.This may be of help to others trying to find insurance who have existing health issues. They will also cover older folk as well with apparantly no age limit, hope that helps some of you folk on here. ;-)

Thanks for the info 1foot. Had a quick look on their site and am a bit confused. The single trip is ideal for our two months in France. At the moment I am in Benidorm and an annual policy will only cover for 31 days minimum when I will only be here for 14 days???? Will give it a good look over when I get home

Guest 1footinthegrave
It may well be that other companies may be more competitive for short stays such as 14 days,but the problem I was having was different and two fold. 1, finding a company that would give more than 45 days in one duration at our age with our "difficulties" and 2, at a reasonable price. Some companies would only cover for 30 days with our declared problems. On the face of it this company has solved the problem, and comes recommended by someone who has used them. Hope that helps. ;-)

Guest JudgeMental

Good find! Well done that man!

Just been through it and silver £250 worldwide (excluding states) for 12 months for the 2 of us...I need this as going to India for Christmas. lots of exclusions from the silver package though,,,may pay the £350 for Gold cover

from what I understand If you have 2 journeys a year, yearly policy makes sense..unless of course at deaths door with conditions to match!*-)

just had a look ar policy and cover provided by http://www.mapfreassistance.co.uk/

I'm sure this is who staysure use

Hi Mike (1foot)

Looks like a great find

Annual Policies are getting harder to find (but obviously carry greater risk)

At that price Individual trip policy would cover 3 or 4 longish trips & be competetive against the Annual Policies

Guest 1footinthegrave
From what I understand they will cover a "single" trips to a maximum of three months. As we normally do a couple of 10 / 12 week trips a couple of separate single trip policies as and when required seems the way to go, at least for us. I have come to the conclusion this is the best we can get given our health issues that we need to declare rather than an annual policy that limits us to a maximum 31 days in any one trip,.. ;-)

Archived