FAO CliveH

nightrider

Hi Clive,

I'm not sure but do you live in the Dorset area? if so do you know Weymouth at all? We have booked a couple of weeks on the C&CC site at Morton just outside Weymouth where I will be enjoying a busmans holiday of sorts visiting various art studios that I know.

One of the places on our itinerary was to have been the old brewery in Weymouth that for many years was a craftshop emporium, one of the stall holders that I have got to know over the years does the same kind of craftwork that I do but I have heard on the grapevine that the old brewery has been converted to residential apartments, is that correct? and if yes, do you know if the craft stalls have been relocated elsewhere?

Guest pelmetman

I think your talking about Hope Square near the key Malcolm................It was bought by developers a year or two ago the pub was shut and all the shops closed..........then the developers went bust *-)

The only bit that is still open is the craft shop around the back in a separate building..............

Yes, thats the place Dave, that was one of my sanctuaries when down there, I just hope Alison Cockerell is still on Dorchester market she does the same kind of canal art that I do, only mines better, ner ner Alison, she wants to see some of my work so I will be taking some to show her, she will be sick as a parrot when I tell her that I have perfected the "fat to thin" brush stroke, she can't do it for toffee ha ha.

Hi Malcolm

I live in Hampshire but our cvan is on a seasonal pitch just down the road from the CC Moreton site. Let us know when you are down and we will try to make sure we are down for one of the weekends.

It would be good to get together.

Good pub by the railway station at Moreton - Frampton Arms - some superb pictures of WWII aircraft that flew from airfields nearby. In fact opposite where our site is a quarry where they still have the original hangers.

If you don't want to take the car you can get the train into Weymouth. Also a great Steam Train from Swanage up to Wareham. PM me your address and I will send you some "stuff" if you like.

I think Dave have confirmed what you ask re Weymouth. Have to say we do not go there much as our pleasure is a long weekend in the caravan.

CliveH - 2012-03-13 9:22 PM

Hi Malcolm

I live in Hampshire but our cvan is on a seasonal pitch just down the road from the CC Moreton site. Let us know when you are down and we will try to make sure we are down for one of the weekends.

It would be good to get together.

Good pub by the railway station at Moreton - Frampton Arms - some superb pictures of WWII aircraft that flew from airfields nearby. In fact opposite where our site is a quarry where they still have the original hangers.

If you don't want to take the car you can get the train into Weymouth. Also a great Steam Train from Swanage up to Wareham. PM me your address and I will send you some "stuff" if you like.

I think Dave have confirmed what you ask re Weymouth. Have to say we do not go there much as our pleasure is a long weekend in the caravan.

Clive,

Have sent you a PM with my name and address, dont let anyone else have it as the French Foreign Legion are still looking for me as I am still classed as a deserter from Sidi Bel Abbes.

Had a few nice meals in the Frampton Arms and been on the steamer from swannage to Wareham.

We have been down that way quite a few times and was seriously thinking of selling up here and moving down that way but when I was diagnosed with PC that put the kybosh on things so we stayed put.

Guest pelmetman

Walked down to Brewers Quay this morning Malcolm and its still closed...........but some of the craft people have moved to the building at the back as I'd thought, so it might be worth asking there where your stall holder went ;-)

We had a nice walk around the Nothe and down to the quay taking Troy for a s******g & p*****g session :D

There is a cracking fish and chip shop just near the bridge as you walk over to Brewers quay, they do specials at a nice cheap rate for pensioners, got its perks being an old cock.

I have all my ports of call when we go away, thats when I go on my spending spree's

Guest pelmetman

That's one thing Weymouth's not short of is good chippies............although we have just got back from taking the MIL out for a belated birthday meal at "Perry's which overlooks the harbour..........very nice meal served by a very nice Polish waitress, just as well I'm fluent in Polish seeing as its our first language at home :D

It's been interesting to watch all the millions being wasted on the Olympic's down here for the last few years *-)............... (lol) (lol) (lol)

Archived