Incredibly sad

josie gibblebucket

Its almost unbelievable that 22 children could be killed in one accident isn't it. Absolutely tragic, and 6 adults too. I was really shocked when I heard it on the news this morning. If anyone hasn't heard, there was a coach carrying Belgian children back from a skiing holiday in Switzerland, but it crashed into the concrete wall of a tunnel. How on earth do these things happen? Driver tiredness or slippery roads? These coach crashes seem to happen all too often. My thoughts are with all concerned.

I too am staggered at the loss of life - young life is always harder.

The report said that the coach was only 20 min into its journey so unless the driver had been driving to get there, fatigue should not be an issue.

It is - incredibly sad.

Yes I agree a truely terrible event.

Have to say though in answer to how these thigs happen, after two seperate incidents involving coaches last year in France that nearly 'took out' the motorhome and us I do detect a somewhat lack of driving skill with some coach drivers. I believe that they shouldn't have been allowed to have their speed limit increased, for one thing, as they are forever 'playing' with lorries that have a lower speed limit.

Archived