Spares for old versions of Omnistep?

BGD

Long shot I guess, but anyone know where I might get a replacement gear shaft (the bit that comes out of the motor housing and connects to the push/pull bracketry) for a 1992 Omnistep "Economic" 12volt electric single step?

I've discovered, by dis-assembly, that one of the internal bolts on ours had worked loose over the years, and has gradually fouled the innner face of the large toothed wheel more and more, to the point where the shaft has now just snapped at the square part near its outer tip.

A repair would be easy-peasy....I just need another geared shaft.............

I've emailed Thule (it seems they've taken over the Omnistep/Omnistore etc brand/company recently?) and await a reply, but they don't seem to list any parts/spares for step models earlier than about 2007.

johnnerontheroad - 2012-03-14 7:21 PM

Give these a call may have what you need http://www.hillviewawnings.co.uk/spare_parts.htm

Good luck

Dave

Dave - many thanks for that, but just like most other distributor sites, all that one does is replacate the current omnistep range, and quote loony prices for spares on the 2007-and-later parts.

Brit people really pay 42 quid from UK distributors for a 2007-and-later gear assembly, when a Belgium distributor picked from the internet at random does exactly the same part for 26 euros (about 23 quid)?

It's worse than you thought BGD

The link to Hill View price list adds another 20%, guess that's why %20 appears so often in the website address >:-( >:-(

55 0501 01: repair kit pinion £ 50.36 - but this appears to fit all the Omnistor Electric Steps.

http://www.hillviewawnings.co.uk/Spare%20parts%20price%20list.htm

It could be useful to UK usesr if you can post the link for the Belgium source.

Hi Flicka -

Unfortunately, whilst that part number seems to fit all 2007-and-later Omnisteps, it doesn't say it fits any earlier models.

Certainly the gear-drive shaft from mine (1992) is not as shown in that standard Omnistep parts diagram

The Belgian website that does exactly that same 2007-on part number for only 26 euros (plus their national rate of VAT) instead of 42 quid/50 quid or even more that UK dealers seem to be asking is:

http://www.omnistor.be/spare/screen12valu.html

Hi Bruce

Do you have anywhere that scraps MH, in Spain. You may find that you might have to get a second hand one, if the current models are different. If you can get a pic of your one, or a part no, maybe someone over here could source one for you. Just a thought, I am sure you would prefer a new part, but if not available , second hand would be the next best thing, or even a second hand later model complete step?

Hope you find a n answer to your problem

Pauline

Hi Bruce

Do you have anywhere that scraps MH, in Spain. You may find that you might have to get a second hand one, if the current models are different. If you can get a pic of your one, or a part no, maybe someone over here could source one for you. Just a thought, I am sure you would prefer a new part, but if not available , second hand would be the next best thing, or even a second hand later model complete step?

Hope you find a n answer to your problem

Pauline

My wife got onto our van manufacture in Gemany

After all the dealers over here were not intersted in providing a part

But keen to sell us a new step

The attitude down the phone came free

Anyway on to Burstner Germany

There we recived fantastic help from the Germans

We sent them the make of the step and photos of the wheel

They identified the part Contacted the step manufacture

Hay presto it duly arrived

Because it took them 2 or 3 e mails all in good English to identify the part

They feld this was bad service duly apologise and sent us the bit for nothing

After taking off the step assembly and realising just how much the damn thing weighs, and realising what the difficulties and costs of spares/replacement would be; we've decided to leave it off, and have bought a real, modern, high-tech replacement:................. a folding plastic step. For €4.50.

Sorted.

If anyone wants about 12kgs of redundant 1992 aluminium, come and collect........

Perhaps you should buy a spare just in case you leave it behind. I use a small step with a hole drilled in and a piece of rope through it, so i can pull it up after entering the cab door, as i have a doggy knee and can't reach (Also short legs) Can also be used to put your coffee cup on. Multi purpose and all for £2.99 from the cheap short

PJay

Archived