Great Weekend

Caddies104

Having spent most of last week, and this weekend, in the garden I must say it is looking really good ... still some work to do, but by cutting back lots of the shrubs quite hard, removing old woody/dead ones (bl**dy frost!), moving some nice self-seeded holly plants and lauels to make a nice 'screen' in front of the existing conifers and next door's wall so they'll hide it nicely, and putting in some nice primulas, roses, daffs, tulips, gerberas, giant snowdrops, and other shrubs and plants ... it looks like a new garden. :->

I was dreading starting the work originally as it was such a large job, but now I can't wait to get the rest done! :D

Mel B - 2012-03-18 9:23 PM

Having spent most of last week, and this weekend, in the garden I must say it is looking really good ... still some work to do, but by cutting back lots of the shrubs quite hard, removing old woody/dead ones (bl**dy frost!), moving some nice self-seeded holly plants and lauels to make a nice 'screen' in front of the existing conifers and next door's wall so they'll hide it nicely, and putting in some nice primulas, roses, daffs, tulips, gerberas, giant snowdrops, and other shrubs and plants ... it looks like a new garden. :->

I was dreading starting the work originally as it was such a large job, but now I can't wait to get the rest done! :D

Sounds great Mel, will you be marking it out for our next game of footy. (lol)

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2012-03-18 10:46 PM

Sounds great Mel, will you be marking it out for our next game of footy. (lol)

Dave

B*g off! No way are you kicking a ball around and squishing all my plants!!!! 8-)

It's bad enough when the dogs have a dash round and knock the tops off the flowers! *-)

Forgot to say, when I was clearing the waterfall into the pond, I found 3 frogs which were living under some of the rocks. Also, when hubby was sorting out the pump the other day which wasn't working very well he found some crested newts - yes I know they're protected! We 'evicted' the fish ages ago and instead the newt 'squatters' have moved in. :->

Indeed - did I hear that some idiot has been arrested for posting on twitter/facebook racist crap against this poor guy????

If so there are some sick buggers out there.

Wish him well - I heard this morning that if it had to happen it could only have happened in one better place - actually in a hospital. So hopefully a good recovery for him.

Guest pelmetman
Caddies104 - 2012-03-23 5:56 PM

Another weekend is here, what,s everyone doing?? We are off to Dartmoor to do some walking and Letterboxing and maybe a little red wine drinking, weather looks perfect for it!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterboxing

Derek & Pauline

Thanks for the link :D....................my mind was working overtime ;-)..................and had delivered all the wrong answers (lol)

Mel B - 2012-03-18 11:32 PM
nowtelse2do - 2012-03-18 10:46 PMSounds great Mel, will you be marking it out for our next game of footy. (lol) Dave
B*g off! No way are you kicking a ball around and squishing all my plants!!!! 8-) It's bad enough when the dogs have a dash round and knock the tops off the flowers! *-) Forgot to say, when I was clearing the waterfall into the pond, I found 3 frogs which were living under some of the rocks. Also, when hubby was sorting out the pump the other day which wasn't working very well he found some crested newts - yes I know they're protected! We 'evicted' the fish ages ago and instead the newt 'squatters' have moved in. :->

I found a frog squatting in me water feature!

Frog.jpg.4f2f46c301ebb2869026935fb50da621.jpg

Archived