mmm problems

tazdog6007

just read about the hymer with a smashed h/light ,1000e to replace,that cant be right can it .ive had a week in tunisia for less.and the camper having a spare wheel fitted by autosleeper,with a smaller water tank to make it fit,£2000 then finding out rear wheels so difficult to remove/replace it needs to be taken to a garage!thank the lord for my bog standard pvc.Beware of special a class designs and inboard wheels! My sympathy goes to these two,perhaps some information on the cost of parts would be a good idea.at a 1000 euros for a h/light i would be wary of going out in it!

Guest peter
I bet they were alloy wheels, as they become stuck fast to steel hubs. Best thing to do is remove all of them at home and smear mating surfaces with coppaslip or equivalent. If they are hard to remove pour a kettle of boiling water over the centre and give it a belt with a dead blow hammer (plastic) and it will come off easily. That's what I've done as mine were stuck solid and no amount of hitting whilst cold would move them. You would have the same trouble with aPVC with alloys as well.

Archived