north to south

trickydicky

hi, we will be travelling from the north west up to shepton mallet (m6) for the m/h show in a couple of weeks and would like to make the most of using all that (expensive)diesel by stopping off at a few places on the way . we have found the "deerpark" at eastnor castle which looks lovely but don't really know anywhere else on route. any ideas would be welcome please. (lol)

Hi TD

Funny how we say things different, as we would say down to Shepton... But on with what you want...

There are a few good CC sites on the way, like Blackmore near Worcester, can get bus from outside site into Worcester , also near Stratford upon Avon, Evesham and the Cotswolds...

Further down the M5 there is a nice site 'Baltic Wharf ' at Bristol, can walk along river into town... And nearer where you want to go is Cheddar Gorge

Also if you want to go into Birmingham town centre which is really nice, not what people may expect there is Chapel Lane Caravan Club Site

There is a few to start

Derek

It really depends what things you enjoy visiting and doing.

The following may be useful ways to find out what you would like to do:

have a look at "The Rough Guide to England" guidebook

look at a road atlas, identify possible towns/attractions then check on respective town/attraction websites or Tourist Information websites

visit a local Tourist Information office and collect (free) booklets about particular areas

if you are in CC check out on-line or in the booklet you will have already received called "Great Days Out"

check out The National Trust website

check out English Heritage website.

I hope these suggestions are of some use to you. (I am reluctant to give specific examples of places to visit that we enjoy because:

a) you are covering a huge area,

b) I don't know what sort of places/things interest you so my suggestions may be of no value.)

Having said that, you mentioned Eastnor Castle - we think that it is superb. If stately homes interest you, have you considered taking out membership of "Historic Houses"? HH properties are all privately owned - Eastnor Castle is one such property. HH membership gives you unlimited entry to HH properties. You can check the website.

Enjoy your journey of exploration and enjoy the show.

Archived