DFDS through CC

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

looking to go to Spain for a month in April. CC seems best price with DFDS. But my question is if I want to change crossing to a different time how does that work, do we contact Club or DFDS?

I am aware that the prevailing price at the time will be due plus an amendment fee I guess....Basically want to know if we are better oft booking with ferry company direct ( its £30 more and £20 for amendment)

Guest peter
JudgeMental - 2012-03-18 3:49 PM

looking to go to Spain for a month in April. CC seems best price with DFDS. But my question is if I want to change crossing to a different time how does that work, do we contact Club or DFDS?

I am aware that the prevailing price at the time will be due plus an amendment fee I guess....Basically want to know if we are better oft booking with ferry company direct ( its £30 more and £20 for amendment)

If you're using DFDS check your gas cylinder size is acceptable, as I think they have a limit of 11Kg bottles. They also do check them.

Guest JudgeMental
Peter, gas are 2 x11kg refillable so OK. did you find any LPG available when you were down there (assuming you have refillable) we are heading for Syd's site in Benidorm...(have ordered our "kiss me quick" hats on line *-)) Tried to borrow Kirby's but he was not having it! :-S

Guest JudgeMental
Thanks Derek, the site we are probably heading for works out at about 14€ a night (elec by meter) for fully serviced pitch, with TV and wifi. Cheaper then ACSI sites *-)

When booking through the CC look out for the double hit!

I normally book direct and have always got a better deal than either club but because of the uncertainty about Brittany Ferries this year I did book through the CC and then decided 5 months before the sailing that we wanted to change from Ferry to tunnel, the cost was £30 to the Ferry operator and a further £20 to the CC. Total loss £50 >:-)

Guest JudgeMental
price on CC and DFDS were the same @ £78 UNTIL I put in length of 6 metres, Then DFDS promptly added £30! *-)

Guest peter
JudgeMental - 2012-03-18 10:19 PM

Peter, gas are 2 x11kg refillable so OK. did you find any LPG available when you were down there (assuming you have refillable) we are heading for Syd's site in Benidorm...(have ordered our "kiss me quick" hats on line *-)) Tried to borrow Kirby's but he was not having it! :-S

I didn't spot any lpg pumps in spain. We took 2x13Kg propane cylinders and only used 1 of them in 6 weeks. But we did use acsi on the site we were on and it included all electric, so we used that for heating in the van. Which worked out quite cheap at 16 euro's a night, especially in january and february. The electric on the site was charged at 0.34 euro's a kwh if you don't use acsi. The site was bonterra park and it was wonderful in bennicassim. It's where the spanish have their holidays so nobody puking in the streets or hooray henry's.

Guest JudgeMental

Thanks Peter...was it busy enough in town, bars and more importantly restaurants open? Thing about Benidorm is its always relatively lively, and my antics will blend in with the crowd :D

I might be better of using my ACSI where you went.....electric on Benidorm site 0,41 euro/KW. pitch price includes free wifi and TV (I think) What is it like around there for cycling? is it reasonably flat into town etc...

Drifting slightly off - in general you don't 'spot LPG in Spain'. The refilling points are quite often on commercial/industrial sites, sometimes on industrial estates. Given that they are a bt thin on the ground there it is best to take a list of sites with you. We offer a link to a map & list on our own gaslow refillables page - but I'm not allowed to post the link here however helpful that might be!

Wow Eddie clearly a man of culture and taste spending a month on a cheap site in Benidorm! Really puts us to shame pottering around France, visiting museums and galleries, eating in local resturants and staying on those "awful" aires.

Seriously Eddie have a good trip, enjoy and hope the sun shines; all the best, R and J.

Guest JudgeMental

Ha ..ha....ha... the only reason we are going is the weather, so fingers crossed. We like Spanish food/seafood if we can find any. I think the TV series probably does it a disservice..Surely it cant be that full of obnoxious northerners? :D

We are oft to Italy as per usual this summer, Tuscany and the lakes. Then India for Christmas for Golden triangle tour of North and Kerala in the south to recover. So a month of drunken debauchery should get things oft to a flying start..To much culture not good for the soul, you need to mix it up a bit! :-D

If you're using DFDS check your gas cylinder size is acceptable, as I think they have a limit of 11Kg bottles. They also do check them.

I thought i would check this out as we have booked and got a real good deal with DFDSand this was the reply

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

You are allowed a maximum of 45 kgs in three 15 kg bottles.

Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Jenny

Passenger Services Department

English Channel

We have travelled with DFDS both from Newcastle to Stvanger and Dover to Dunkirk and never been asked about our gas. Perhaps it is because we only have a Duetto and they realise that we could not be carrying that much LPG? Anyway, we have never been asked.

Regarding the original query, the answer is to contact the Caravan Club (done it in the past).

JudgeMental - 2012-03-20 8:39 PM

Ha ..ha....ha... the only reason we are going is the weather, so fingers crossed. We like Spanish food/seafood if we can find any. I think the TV series probably does it a disservice..Surely it cant be that full of obnoxious northerners? :D

We are oft to Italy as per usual this summer, Tuscany and the lakes. Then India for Christmas for Golden triangle tour of North and Kerala in the south to recover. So a month of drunken debauchery should get things oft to a flying start..To much culture not good for the soul, you need to mix it up a bit! :-D

You may bumb in to this 'Obnoxious Northerner when in the Italian Lakes' I will be wearing false boobs and a mini-skirt so you will recognise me :-D

Guest JudgeMental
Cliffy - 2012-03-24 10:56 PM

You may bumb in to this 'Obnoxious Northerner when in the Italian Lakes' I will be wearing false boobs and a mini-skirt so you will recognise me :-D

You sound a class act Cliffy! :-D Have you booked site on lakes? The Elvis convention is next weekend in Benidorm but we will miss that, but Spanish Beatles are back in town apparently.....Beat that for culture! :D

Judge which site are you staying at in Benidorm? We have had 2 years at Almafra but now realise it is too far out of town and costs a fortune on the bus- even with the reduced rate tickets. It is also too windy in winter so we are looking for somewhere nearer the centre for next time. We did stay in Moraire this year, good site & lovely town but a bit far from Benidorm, so maybe El Raco?

Entertainment wise there is an excellent Bee Gees tribute band on at the Rock cafe, just down from Benidorm palace, free to get in and the beer is only 2€ a pint.

Bob

Guest JudgeMental
Hi Bob its Arena Blanca, will let you know what its like when I get back in May...Small site by Spanish standards 175 pitches, they are small from what I have read but no problem for us with a panel van. They have TV and wifi on fully serviced pitches,.elec on meter.New heated indoor pool as well. Under 3 miles to old town So we will go there for lunch and avoid the evening nonsense!lol :-D

Archived