Window Question

tugga

Can anyone tell me what products they use on their motorhome windows to clean them? OH washes and leathers the outside when he washes the van, but I was wondering whether Windowlene would be ok on the inside?

Thanks

If we're talking about the acrylic habitation windows,then we tend to just use a soft damp cloth on ours'... I could be wrong but I always thought Windowlene was a very fine abrasive...?(...so I wouldn't be using that! :-S )

(..Oh!..and a tip I've picked up from here,ordinary toothpaste is good for shifting hedgerow scratches.. ;-) )

I just use a sponge with warm water and a little drop of washing up liquid then polish with a dry cloth, the insides don't really get dirty do they.

I did get a couple of window cloths from Aldi that are brilliant I'm using them in the home at the moment but one is going in the van.

They scratch horribly and can be prone to chemical damage too. I only ever use warm, mildly soapy water and very gentle pressure with a soft clean sponge / cloth. For the exterior, I also remove as much dirt as possible by rinsing with the hose before going anywhere near them. When any pressure is applied, even though they look clean, it's very likely that zillions of micro scratches have been introduced.

Have to agree with Brian on reading the label carefully before use. If acrylic windows are particularly grubby I always use Fenwicks windowize, its supposed to be a scratch remover, which I'm not too sure about as I use a trade product for scratches. If the windows just need a lighter clean as somebody has suggested just use a weak solution of detergent

Archived