Doncaster parking help please

Mel B

Enroute to taking our motorhome for its habitation service, we're going to call into Doncaster on Friday when the market's on and not having been before, wonder if anyone can tell me the best place to park - the market appears to be held in High Street and its environs, but obviously I appreciate that we may have to park some distance away - any suggestions? :-S

Mel B - 2012-03-20 9:16 PM

Enroute to taking our motorhome for its habitation service, we're going to call into Doncaster on Friday when the market's on and not having been before, wonder if anyone can tell me the best place to park - the market appears to be held in High Street and its environs, but obviously I appreciate that we may have to park some distance away - any suggestions? :-S

AFAIK, Doncaster Market is still somewhat further out of the centre - in Market Place, and surrounding the indoor market - easily locatable on Google Maps.

I don't find Donny an easy place to park in. On-street parking is quite time-restricted (and very limited towards the centre). Much of it also has bays that potentially wouldn't take a motorhome.

There are two good P&R sites, and whilst neither is (AFAIK) height barriered, they are also "bayed", which might create a problem. (also might not suit you with dogs).

There may be others with better local knowledge, but I usually park the car on Thorne Road, just outside the metered parking area, where there are a small number of unbayed, 1 and 2 hour limit spaces. I've usually been lucky enough to get in, but it certainly is a lottery. Area is busy enough to deter any problems, and an easy walk to the market.

This link shows some of the spaces, there are others on the opposite part of the road.

http://g.co/maps/s64mw

Edit

(this is Thorne Road - ignore the Scawthorpe in the left panel :-S )

Mel B - 2012-03-20 9:16 PM

Mel try this link I find it usefull as you can look beforehand to check for hight barriers and general area

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/

Alf

Archived