Things written on vans.....

josie gibblebucket

Guest pelmetman

When I became self employed 20+ years ago as a curtain fitter..............I traded my Ford Cortina Ghia for a bedford (Astra) van.................and we seriously considered having it written with "curtain track fitters......... own bender for onsite work" 8-)

Life was much simpler back then :D

pelmetman - 2012-03-20 10:45 PM

own bender for onsite work" 8-)

And did you ever look back (?) :-D

Local potato haulier around here, back of his truck's says......... In case of fire, chip pan in cab.

I had on the back of mine.........Caution , no hand signals, Driver harmless.

Lot's of truck's had.........If you can't stop, Smile as you go under.

Dave

edited because I forgot the wording, loosing memory quite rapid now. :D

Not actually written on a truck or van but a local business which advertises on local radio has the slogan

"Me names John Reeves and me business is a hit, 'cos I'm the best at emptying.......sceptic tanks!"

Did see one on a delivery van years ago that was upside down, it said "if you can read this one of us has had a bad accident"

D.

You've just reminded me of an ad in situations vacant a few years ago for a pest controller, it read

All things bright and beautiful

All creatures great and small

All things wise and wonderful

You'll get to kill them all!

:D :D :D :D

Something else we saw driving back from a show last year, a truck carrying portaloos, his registration was L005 BOG - bet that plate cost him an absolute fortune!

Guest pelmetman

I liked the picture in the CC mag a while ago taken of a sceptic tanker emptying the site cesspit...........................On the side of the truck it said in professionally done sign writing......

"This tanker is full of government promises" :D

How apt (lol) (lol) (lol)

I am trying not to notice misspellings Dave -- but Clive is right ( on this occasion!) -- I am a pedant -- I loved your "Sceptic Tank" there are more than a few sceptics on here who need putting into it!

Our local supplier of portaloos is called D.A.N. Ltd., their portaloo collection/delivery truck has the numberplate:- "POO 4 DAN" :D

Cheers,

Colin.

P.S. A pedant is the only thing to be -- you have to keep up standards among the 'Hoi-polloi' don't you? >:-)

C.

P.P.S. Methinks that perhaps 'Sceptic tanker' is cockney rhyming slang for masturbator? :D

Guest pelmetman
Symbol Owner - 2012-03-21 10:55 AM

P.P.S. Methinks that perhaps 'Sceptic tanker' is cockney rhyming slang for masturbator? :D

That's a master baker....................or an.... anchor.... for short :D

Guest Tracker

Our coal man many years ago had painted on his truck -

How do you like it missus - a la cart or coal de sack!

Local builders were actually named -

Bodgett and Leggett

(They were very good buidlers by the way!)

An antique dealer in Devon was named -

Robin Barsted

Symbol Owner - 2012-03-21 10:55 AM

I am trying not to notice misspellings Dave -- but Clive is right ( on this occasion!) -- I am a pedant -- I loved your "Sceptic Tank" there are more than a few sceptics on here who need putting into it!

Our local supplier of portaloos is called D.A.N. Ltd., their portaloo collection/delivery truck has the numberplate:- "POO 4 DAN" :D

Cheers,

Colin.

P.S. A pedant is the only thing to be -- you have to keep up standards among the 'Hoi-polloi' don't you? >:-)

C.

I can only claim it was a freudian (sp?) slip :D

D.

Archived