New Ducato Sat Nav mount

bobking

Hi everyone and thank you for the great service you provide especially to those of us who are technically inept!!

I have just purchased a new Bessacar E435 to replace my existing 6 year old one which we loved.

The new one is on the latest Ducato and has come with the Drivers pack which includes the 68R factory fitted Blue and Me sound system.

I have 2 questions about this which I can not get answers to

1 on the fitting on the top of the dashboard is it possible to get a connecter \ holder for any other type of Sat Nav than the Tom Tom 328 at vast expense. I have just bought a new Mio 570

2 if that is not possible can the fitting be (cheaply) removed and replaced with the ever so useful clipboard that was on the previous models.

Hope you can help

Thank you so very much

Bob

Hello Bob,

The answers to your questions are unfortunately; no and no.

Your local Fiat dealer (speak to the sales peeps, not parts) have some attractive deals to offer on the correct Tom Tom unit. I was told last year that they could be had for as little as £70! Don't tell them you heard it from me though!

Nick

Hi Bob. Alternatively you could instal a BRODIT Pro Clip to the central dashboard (no drilling needed) and mount your Meo on to it. See this website for details: http://www.dsldevelopments.com/

I have checked and they make three different dashboard mounts and clip for the 2012 Ducato and your sat nav.

Have a look - I've installed my sat nat using this system several times and and they all work very well, easy to remove and good DIY instructions.

Archived