Motorhome Water filling - Hosepipe ban areas

flicka

Cliffy - 2012-03-23 9:14 PM

A guy on the radio said that during the last hosepipe ban he got an offical warning for using his hosepipe to syphon off his used bath water on to his flower beds

Apparantly a neighbour had reported him when he had seen the hosepipe hanging out of his bathroom window.

That's jobs worth justice for you

Having purchased a quite some cost over the years a number of water storage tanks, it now seems that I am in someones bad books for using a pump and hosepipe to maintain my vegs !

Bah humbug ( and worse ! )

Rgds

tonyishuk - 2012-03-26 6:51 AM

Cliffy - 2012-03-23 9:14 PM

A guy on the radio said that during the last hosepipe ban he got an offical warning for using his hosepipe to syphon off his used bath water on to his flower beds

Apparantly a neighbour had reported him when he had seen the hosepipe hanging out of his bathroom window.

That's jobs worth justice for you

Having purchased a quite some cost over the years a number of water storage tanks, it now seems that I am in someones bad books for using a pump and hosepipe to maintain my vegs !

Bah humbug ( and worse ! )

Rgds

I imagine the 'official warning' was a standard one that they issue as there was no way to confirm that the water was indeed syphoned from his bathtub, it could, of course, have been attached to a tap which was probably the reason his neighbour reported him inthe first place as that's what he/she thought was happening.

In your case, it would be obvious that you were using the water from a tank using a pump so I can't think you'd have a problem. :-)

Archived