Autotrail delivery

michele

Guest peter

No-one has bought one michele so no answers yet. Do they know something and bought a reliable continental van instead. :D

Sorry!

Hi Michelle

Just in case you think no one is listening...... We bought ours at the October NEC but didn't want it delivered till March, on the new plate, so had plenty of time to deliver, So not perhaps the answer you needed....... But really pleased with it anyway.. Just getting it ready for a trip to Dartmoor...

Derek & Pauline

Michelle, Autotrail are usually very good with their scheduling, mine arrived as promised but you might have to allow for anything untoward happening. My supplying dealer rang me to confirm a changeover time that was convenient and every thing went like clockwork. I think you will be very pleased with your choice of motorhome you will have one of the best manufacturing back ups in the business. It's what you call piece of mind. Enjoy it.

Ours was a month late but worth the wait. Take no notice of Peter what he says may have been true a few years but not now. Ours has been no problem at all and the Fait part has been faultless as well so just enjoy yours. Remember it's made by AutoTrail who are not part of the Swift Group.

Peter would do well to take note of the potential supply problems on some top of the range continental models if they do go wrong!

Guest peter
Colin Leake - 2012-03-23 7:02 PM

Peter would do well to take note of the potential supply problems on some top of the range continental models if they do go wrong!

whaaat.........they don't go wrong , do they?. :D

michele - 2012-03-22 10:47 PM

Has anyone experience of it being delivered on time and all has gone well..

Or has anyone anything to add re late let down deliveries. Thank you really interetsed to know eitherway .

Hi Michele

as I guess you may be having some adjustments made, for your special circumstances, may be worth giving them a friendly phone call , to ask if there are going to be delays, with the equipment maybe?

What date did you agree to? You must be getting excited and can't wait to go. No reason why your van should be late, you are spending enough money on it, i guess they want the balance of the money in there till , as much as you want the van.

Happy journeys

We don't get it until July but I could of sworn it was the end of of june . I want to get away with the kids and if its late as you can imagine its 6 weeks summer holidays wasted .

I have every confidence in the dealer I was more worried about the actual manufactors .

Oh well I will report to you all but going by what you have all said with a bit of luck it will be ontime.

Autotrail will put in the posts for the seatbelts and the things the dealer will do I suppose will be things like the Aircon and such ..Fingers crossed .

Thanks everyone. ;-)

Took delivery of my brand new Commanche on Fri 23rd March, from Johns Cross.

All went well with handover. Only omission was my late request for Tracker, which will be done this Fri at home.

Went to the Newark show to try it, and all satisfactory, even though the plethora of guide books were not easy reading.

Fridge and heater controls differ from previous van.

Very comfy and spacious, with space in lockers to spare for more ?

Like the open plan lounge area. No table to get in the way when not needed.

peter - 2012-03-23 10:13 PM

Colin Leake - 2012-03-23 7:02 PM

whaaat.........they don't go wrong , do they?. :D

I'm not biased. The simple fact is that we had no real problems with our previous Rapido and have had none with our present AutoTrail. Nothing to choose between them as far as I can see but my comment with regards spares supply problems still apply. AutoTrail have a very good reputation in this respect including a facility to carry out extensive repairs at the factory if required such as after an accident.

i wouldnt worry too much michele , ive had 4 autotrails over the years , apache, dakota , chieftain , savannah , all new ones , never had any problems with any of them or the delivery dates , good luck girl , good choice . ;-)

Archived