Selfish behaviour?

spospe

Just come back from a tour of the West Country and we stayed on the CC site at Truro (amongst other places).

We went out for the day and when we came back saw that the caravan next to us had moved their EHU connection from their original socket to the one we had been using. I plugged in to their newly vacant position and found that it was dead. A very quick conclusion was jumped to and I decided that they had overloaded and tripped the connection before swapping theirs with ours.

About 30 seconds later, I had re-set the breaker and we had power again.

Why could they not have done this, or even asked the site warden to do it for them?

Selfish, idle and ignorant says I

Anymore example from Forum members?

I'd shoot them.

I would also report them to the Warden.

What diabolical behaviour and in the CC too. I certainly would and do expect better from the members. Perhaps they were those dreadful non members that inhabit our world occasionally.

B****y riff raff.

Martyn

Guest pelmetman
Robinhood - 2012-03-23 7:24 PM

I doubt it would have been oveloaded by a tugger, I suspect a dog had pee'd on the power bollard, and caused it to trip. ;-)

Hadn't thought of that Robin 8-)................I'd better get Troy some rubber booties :-S

Guest Tracker

Best cure is not to join the CC and never to stay on a site or to carry a needless ehu lead when everything in the van works without faffing about with wires, plugs and a load of old bollards.

I doubt it would have been oveloaded by a tugger, I suspect a dog had pee'd on the power bollard, and caused it to trip. ;-)

Just look out for a dog with its' hair standing on end.

:-|

Tracker - 2012-03-23 8:10 PM

Best cure is not to join the CC and never to stay on a site or to carry a needless ehu lead when everything in the van works without faffing about with wires, plugs and a load of old bollards.

I suggest that you do carry a hook-up lead Rich, when we had our gas problem in the Rapido in France some years ago and had to have it turned off, if we hadn't had the hook-up lead we'd have had no way to run the fridge, boil the kettle, cook, have heating etc. 8-) We very rarely use sites and therefore don't have hook-up, but we still have a small electric hob, heater, kettle and toaster, along with the usual leads and connectors. They don't take up much room so are worth having with us ... the annoying thing is that tonight we're 'camped' in the RDH Services car park ready to leave our van with them in the morning and the chap has given us electric hook-up ... but I've left everything at home as I didn't expect it, so we're just using the elec for lighting and the fridge (left TV at home too!!). :$ *-)

Guest pelmetman
Robinhood - 2012-03-23 8:45 PM

....given the activity involved, .....be lucky if it were only it's hair! :-|

Fair point Robin ;-).............rubber booties & condom 8-)...........we should all practice safe sex :D

Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2012-03-23 9:00 PM

I suggest that you do carry a hook-up lead Rich, when we had our gas problem in the Rapido in France some years ago and had to have it turned off, if we hadn't had the hook-up lead we'd have had no way to run the fridge, boil the kettle, cook, have heating etc. )

Fair comment Mel - I'll put it back in the bottom of a locker where I can forget where it is unless needed - and hope I can remember.

I have a list of what is in each under bed locker and under floor locker - that way I don't go digging in the wrong one - very often!

pelmetman - 2012-03-23 9:04 PM

Robinhood - 2012-03-23 8:45 PM

....given the activity involved, .....be lucky if it were only it's hair! :-|

Fair point Robin ;-).............rubber booties & condom 8-)...........we should all practice safe sex :D

I always thought you were obsessed with sex Dave, must be from your navy days, too much playing about with your sailors hornpipe (lol)

malc d - 2012-03-23 8:43 PM

Just look out for a dog with its' hair standing on end.

:-|

Or a limp, did it get up after tripping.

Dave

Guest 1footinthegrave
Perhaps there's a altogether simpler explanation. If you went out in your van leaving the pitch vacant perhaps they did what I suspect many would do and just try another vacant outlet. If it was not clear you were returning that seems perfectly OK, although a word with the warden of course may not have gone amiss about the duff socket, or perhaps they did that.

Guest pelmetman
1footinthegrave - 2012-03-27 7:46 PM

Perhaps there's a altogether simpler explanation. If you went out in your van leaving the pitch vacant perhaps they did what I suspect many would do and just try another vacant outlet. If it was not clear you were returning that seems perfectly OK, although a word with the warden of course may not have gone amiss about the duff socket, or perhaps they did that.

There you go again 1foot *-)..............being sensible..............:D

Just what is Chatterbox coming too these days? (lol) (lol)

Archived