full timing- for a while!

henry

full timing- for a while!  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:-D Hi there,

We are coming back to motorhoming after a 2 year break.

Have been abroad on a little 'holiday'.

Now, we cannot buy the house we want for another 6 months, this is due to a mortgage agreemeent by the sellers.

Rent for 6 months?

Or, full time for six months in the area we have decided to settle in.

What to do, I fancy the full time option, hubby a bit more cautious, what is th cheapest option in camp sites!

And we have a dog. All replies a god send at the moment.

Thanks

Henry

(lol)

Gosh what a happy dilemma. We (vaguely) know a couple who full time, they use CL's and negotiate with the owners for a discount in return for the max 3 week stay.

They have a selection of around a dozen that are happy to discount for the long stay. From memory I think the cheapest they pay is about £4 a night inc hook up, good value I think.

I suppose you could ask a friend or neighbour to be if they have anywhere suitable for you?

Just a thought or 2 8-)

Martyn

:-D Do you know, you ar right, both of you! Monday we discover if our plans can come to a heead, Tuesday, we start looking for a new 'hotel'! Love the CL idea, we always preferreed them due to price, location and peace!

Watch this space!

Henry

Strictly speaking CL sites are supposed to have a 28 day single stay limit but Im sure Ive seen vans in full time residence. I reckon if you ask around some of the quieter and larger CL sites they would let you stay six months. Then again it might be more fun moving around every four weeks. sounds great!

The daughter and her hubby of friends of ours had a similar problem. They sold their house and then lost the purchase of the house they wanted. They used the family caravan on a farm rather than a site and the farmer even rigged up a power socket for them.

The cost was low and they said they really enjoyed it.

It certainly enabled them to chose the house they wanted rather than having to either pull out of their sale or get locked into a chain that forces you to accept second best.

You can do this now as bprices are pretty static - but in the bad old days - a 6 month delay could equate to another few £'000 and gazumping.

So for me full timing everytime - but check out other possibilities rather than the usual "sites'.

just to clarify..

28 days is max stay for a 5 van site this is due to planning and not the clubs. After 28 days you must move the van / MH off the site. Weather or not it is permitted to move off for one night then come back on for another 28 days is a matter of interpritation of the law :-S

Think outside the box.

Think of places OTHER than the usual "official" suspects........

People drives/gardens.

Farmers yards.

There must be loads of people who'd accept a couple of quid a night to let you stay on their land...........just ask; I reckon you'll be surprised at the number of people who'd let a Motorhome park on their land, with water an waste and electric, for a few quid in the back pocket........

BGD - 2012-03-28 7:55 PM

Think outside the box.

Think of places OTHER than the usual "official" suspects........

People drives/gardens.

Farmers yards.

There must be loads of people who'd accept a couple of quid a night to let you stay on their land...........just ask; I reckon you'll be surprised at the number of people who'd let a Motorhome park on their land, with water an waste and electric, for a few quid in the back pocket........

My lifetimes motto "a few quid in the back pocket" I just lurve doin jobs for cash in the back pocket (lol)

Strange how the "darker shades" of the economy are booming now that the economy itself is stalled due to rampant taxation! :-S

Malc - you should be getting the Dorset stuff in the post in the next day or so - Sadly the nice big "What's On" book is not yet available - which is strange because in previous years it is always out ready for the Easter break.

Perhaps the cutbacks mean they are not doing one. 8-) I was told by our site manager that some of the leaflets I picked up were last years and that they had not had the usual distribution this year.

So could be another sign of the times.

Clive,

I got that Dorset stuff this morning, thanks a lot will study them up over the weekend, Bovington and Monkey world will be on the top of our visiting list.

Will also be taking pics of beach huts, the members of my group based in America dont believe that they can sell for thousands of pounds for what they refer to as beach shacks (lol)

Archived