Motorhome servicing and MOT

frankie0308

Take the road out of Burnley towards Nelson. after about a mile you come into a short one way system, (this is the Duke Bar area) still heading for Nelson and about half a mile on the left before you get to the lights at Casterton Avenue.

If they can't help I have used JDS Commercials in the past at Blackburn.

Dave

Hi Dave. I've thought about it (advertising for him) and to be honest I just can't be bothered to bear the negative comments that will doubtless follow.

Paul (Nephew) still works full time for Citroen having left Peugeot about 1 year ago. Around then he took on his own place with a partner and is doing very well.

Not surprisingly he's saved me a great deal of money on servicing, parts, a largish repair and MOT. He'll even do a collect and deliver service, (wherever possible) which for a 2 man band is pretty good going.

He will also work at your home depending on what the work involves.

As I say, if anyone wishes to PM me, I'll cheerfully pass on his contact details.

Martyn

Dave, my last thread was the last straw on anything remotely controversial. TBH, I was considering "doing an Art" and clearing off into the sunset.

I, like most of us on here, have better things to do then be verbally abused - regardless of anyones views there really is just no need for it.

Anyway, to (probably), misquote Bill Bryson, I console myself with the fact that they'll be dead soon 8-)

Martyn

I wonder what the replies would have been if you had said, " There's a car down the road that is not taxed, its causing a bit of an obstruction and maybe not MOT'd because its been there a very long time, but its nothing to do with me." I bet you would have still got a negative reaction.

You can't win m'lord. :-D

Can you remember my first Thread. It was about a A/S Duetto on ebay Thread title 'Is this a clone' I couldn't believe the rumpus that caused. It was eventually pulled by the Mods. In the end between Eddie 'Judgemental,' Alf, and myself more or less proved it wasn't what it was supposed to be. I was ready for jumping ship then *-) but glad I didn't :-D

Dave

The best one in this area is P&M Motor Engineers,

Victoria St,

Nelson.

BB9 7HL

You drive over a pit so any weight, length or height is'nt a problem and it's done whilst you wait. Victoria St is off Manchester Road and is very easy to find. 01282 695461.

Just as a 'price' comparison, we're having the 2nd year base vehicle service shortly at a main Ford agent, they were going to charge a fair bit more than an independent garage, but have agreed to just undercut it (£215 inc VAT if I recall correctly), which also includes the replacement of the brake fluid (mandatory) and the paint warranty check FOC (which HAS to be done by a Ford dealer). Not a bad price for a main dealer - but obviously I wouldn't have got this price if I hadn't rung them back to cancel the provisional booking I'd made and asked the 'price match' question - so its worth asking sometimes!

• 1 month later...

Archived