shepton mallet versus peterborough

trickydicky

Hi,

never been to shepton but do go to peterborough.

must say i`ve not seen what you`re looking for at the shows,

we have found over the last couple of years the traders are not bringing

a large selection of stock with them. you may be better trawling the internet

for what you are looking for.

regards

casey.

We went to Shepton last autumn and were very disappointed especially after Malvern, they just did not seem to have the number of traders or the organisational skills. We have already booked for Malvern, will not bother with Shepton again.

trickydicky - 2012-03-24 5:19 PM

having never been to either and both shows coming up soon,which is the best one to go to,or is there nothing between them.we are on the lookout for a tent with windows (instead of an awning).

As already stated, you would be better looking on internet for TENT, or try TOWSURE, they have a large range of tents on display. I am assuming you live in the south.

PJay

On the basis that if you get what you want at a show, it's been a great show, we go to a lot of shows and have always found the Shepton one to be good overall. Regarding your tent, try googeling KYAM, I think you will find what you are looking for there, Towsure actually do a very similar tent and have an on line shop, good luck.

trickydicky - 2012-03-24 5:19 PM

having never been to either and both shows coming up soon,which is the best one to go to,or is there nothing between them.we are on the lookout for a tent with windows (instead of an awning).

Ignoring the bit about the tent: in my experience the Peterborough show is by far the best. I have only been to the Shepton show later in the year: September I think and it is quite good but I have heard poor reports of the earlier Shepton shows.

At Peterborough you can get a local service bus into the city or book the organisers shuttle bus.

Harvey

You’ll be extremely unlikely to get a tent at a motorhome show, they just tend to take awnings as that’s what people attending these shows want! :D

If you want to have a good range of tents to look at, instead go to a tent show/exhibition ... just Google and you’ll find some, possibly in your area. The alternative is to look on the internet to see what you want/like and then try to get one at a cheaper price local to you so you can see it first. Note that buying at a show or an exhibition could prove quite expensive and I’d suggest trying to get a good second hand one as they have generally been used very little and cost a fraction of the new price (tents can be very, very expensive!).

As for the above post, I think he means KHYAM ...

:-D

fairweather camper - 2012-03-25 11:23 PM

I think the original poster, is looking for a standalone awning, rather than a tent, but I could be wrong (I usually am)

You shouldn't put yourself down like that.

There are a number of other forum members who will be ready do it for you.

;-)

fairweather camper - 2012-03-25 11:23 PM

I think the original poster, is looking for a standalone awning, rather than a tent, but I could be wrong (I usually am)

Yup - you are right that you are wrong! :D

On another thread he said he has decided to look for a tent with lots of windows, rather than a free-standing awning ... I think he'll have difficulty as most tents only have 2/3 window and they're not always that large.

Personally, I'd rather have a smaller free-standing awning than try to get a very uncommon type of tent and tents can often cost more than awnings.

malc d - 2012-03-25 11:32 PM

You shouldn't put yourself down like that.

There are a number of other forum members who will be ready do it for you.

;-)

:$

I would suggest that the OP has a look in GoOutdoors, if one is not nearby then look them up on the net, if a tent is required. They have just sent out their latest brochure and there is a good range of competetively priced tents and they have a 20% of all tents day on the 7th April.

Just noticed that is for Discount card holders so just get a discount card, you need one if you are going to buy anything in there anyway as that gives you the best prices, and pick up the latest brochure in store is the easiest way.

Bas

Hi trickydicky

We have been on the lookout for a tunnel type awning for some time and in Spain this winter saw just the sort of thing we had in mind. It is 4m x 3m (approx) and has 3 large side windows, a roll up side door (with window), tall front door with windows either side and it is a stand alone motorhome awning with a zip door at the rear. You can also unzip the front panel completely and zip it further inside the tunnel to make the 'inner' space smaller and have a 'porch' at the front. We bought it online and had it delivered to the site in Spain - cost £174 (converted from euros) delivered.

You can see it and others at:

http://www.tent-tents.com/overzichtpagina2.asp?id=17&cat=2&pagina=1

Ours is the Paradise tunnel/awning and is on their site for 189 euros + delivery.

David.

Have been to both over the years, as well as NEC and EXcel, and would agree that these outdoor shows are pretty much based around Motorhomes.

One consideration if you want to visit any show now though may well be the cost of getting /staying there, and it certainly makes sense to look on the internet, and there are often additional smaller shows for tents etc, in some areas,plus the likes of large retailers, or indeed Caravan Accessory shops.

Archived