CL reccomendation req in NW

ips

Need a reccomendation for a CL or private site to meet the following very specific (blame mrs ips) requirements for easter.....

North west as in lancs , cumbria, yorks

Either riverside or with sea view or at worst very close walking access to shoreline

Preferebaly walking distance to shops or summat to do/see locally (not essential though)

PS

If we cant book anything this late we may end up on our own CL :-D

which is open over easter but without us as Mrs ips's dad will be around.

Try Mains Farm, Kirkoswald, (comes under Penrith) nice flat paddock, good facilities, overlooks, with access to River Eden. 2 good pubs and village shop in Kirkoswald less than 1/4 mile away, good size coop in Lazonby a mile and a bit away.

Mike P

whiskers - 2012-03-26 7:15 PM

We stayed at Netherhall CL Maryport. Short walk to the town and harbour. We also stayed at Millom Rugby Club which is almost on the dunes, but that is a CS.

Thanks will have a look

Mike P - 2012-03-26 5:19 PM

Try Mains Farm, Kirkoswald, (comes under Penrith) nice flat paddock, good facilities, overlooks, with access to River Eden. 2 good pubs and village shop in Kirkoswald less than 1/4 mile away, good size coop in Lazonby a mile and a bit away.

Mike P

would have been ideal but fully booked, seems everywere is fully booked gonna end up on our CL or wilding at this rate.

Mike B. - 2012-03-26 9:17 PM

Hate to sound pedantic IPS but Yorkshire is not in the North West. North West is Red Rose county, Yorkshire is White Rose-AKA God's own (lol) (lol)

Mike

good point and I should have known better as according to my birth certificate I to am a yorkie. Born on RAFchurchfenton

ips - 2012-03-27 1:21 PM

Hate to sound pedantic IPS but Yorkshire is not in the North West. North West is Red Rose county, Yorkshire is White Rose-AKA God's own (lol) (lol)

Mike

good point and I should have known better as according to my birth certificate I to am a yorkie. Born on RAFchurchfenton

Yes you should!!! Consider yourself chastised. Penance is to sit on Pendle Hill and sing 5 verses of Ilkley Moor Baht 'at :-D

Mike

You mean Bolton is not in Yorkshire?? I best get back over the pennines sharpish!

Actually - some of the Yorkshire Dales are in the Northwest and parts have a Lancaster (LA) postcode

Bolly1965 - 2012-03-27 8:31 PM

Mike

You mean Bolton is not in Yorkshire?? I best get back over the pennines sharpish!

Actually - some of the Yorkshire Dales are in the Northwest and parts have a Lancaster (LA) postcode

We just lend them those to make Lancashire more upmarket :-)

Archived