Parking near channel tunnel

bob o

Why not stay at the the tunnel terminal?

Whilst staying there isn't advertised (as far as I know), as long as you don't turn up ridiculously early they'll let you stay.

Of course some have been turned away but perhaps these were too early and/or at busy times.

We've stayed there numerous times no problem.

Martyn

Bob

It might be worth going straight to Eurotunnel initially and inputting your booking number as you might find that you can get across there and then without any extra charge, you can then stop at an aire in France instead although we usually go to Cite Europe shopping complex and park in the motorhome parking area there overnight.

Go with Mel's idea, that's what we do every time, just book a train when we can then turn up and go through. Only been asked to pay once and that was a bank holiday. Go latish at night after 10pm then you will probably just drive straight on, head for Cite Europe and park up there with other motorhomes.

When you going we could be there same night!!

Mandy

Last November we turned up 4 hours early at the shuttle and we were offered an early train at an extra cost. I declined and we were turned away. returned 2 hrs later and got put on an earlier train . Confused. The services on the motorway charge around £20 pounds if you stay more than 2 hours terms and conditions diplayed all around the sites, also ANPR in use.We have in the past parked up in Folkestone down by the old fairground by the sea front.We normally take a late evening crossing around 10pm but arrive around 7:30.and have been allocated an earlier crossing. We no longer stay at citie europe due to problems with Vehicles being broken into. YES i have witnessed it and they also tried to get into my Van at 3am in the morning. we now park up down at the Yacht basin . There are always police patrols around this area.

We've parked up at Marine Parade Dover before now and driven back to the tunnel teminal. we go over late and park up at Cite Europe too but this year we've booked a morning crossing but may well try the turn up and see what happens scenario, but if we are turned down or they want money how do we get away form the ticket machine? Do they have a lane of shame?

Guest JudgeMental
Lane of shame? Yes they do......You are directed through barrier, and away to left where Eurotunnel staff hold up placards with things on like CHEAT! or PAY UP! and CHEAPSKATE! and furthermore shout abuse at you.......

Hopesy - 2012-03-27 12:28 PM

We've parked up at Marine Parade Dover before now and driven back to the tunnel teminal. we go over late and park up at Cite Europe too but this year we've booked a morning crossing but may well try the turn up and see what happens scenario, but if we are turned down or they want money how do we get away form the ticket machine? Do they have a lane of shame?

The screen will come up with a couple of options Your usual one ( No Surcharge) a couple of earlier than your booking (no surcharge) JUST be carefull not to except the one with Surcharge ! just tick the earliest WITHOUT a charge it will produce your ticket and the next booth you will be told where to park while you wait. We have never arrived more than 2 hours early.

I THINK 8-)

Minstrel - 2012-03-28 4:26 PMWe asked if we could stay overnight at Calais tunnel terminal.  the answer was no.  I know that wasn't the question but thought it worth saying.

There's an aire just by the garage there where you can stay overnight. Bit noisy with trucks coming and going but free. Alternatively there is the Motorhome park at Cite Europe although last time we were there there were a number of 'undesireables' hanging aroundMike

Archived