Pub campsite up'tint thy North

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Looks like we will find ourselves up near Halifax in a few weeks time, as we're popping too ECCO windows to get a quote.......before we head South to DN's for a habitation service

Do we need any special vaccinations, visa's etc etc??................. (lol) (lol)

And does anyone know any nice pub sites in that area ;-).............

pelmetman - 2012-03-26 9:16 PM

Looks like we will find ourselves up near Halifax in a few weeks time, as we're popping too ECCO windows to get a quote.......before we head South to DN's for a habitation service

Do we need any special vaccinations, visa's etc etc??................. (lol) (lol)

You're making one 'big' assumption there Dave ... that Halifax will let you 'in' .... hope you've got your 'release' papers from the matron in order and are prepared for the strip search on entry to the county! 8-)

Ask Antony can you park your van up on his drive somewhere in darkest uddersfield.

Ask Antony can you park your van up on his drive somewhere in darkest uddersfield.

Guest pelmetman

So...... no nice pub sites then?........ :-S

Looks like we'll have to head South into the Peak district :D

Guest pelmetman
knight of the road - 2012-03-27 8:37 AM

Mind you if tha wished tha cud allus pitch up in my yard at tha back of tha house, hook up and use of all facilities, conducted tour of my workshop, located half a mile from J17 M62, not far from Halifax which is just up the mickey 62?

Thanks for the offer Malcolm ;-)..........but we need to be heading South as we're carrying onto Dave Newell's for a service :D

Unless we go the other way round ;-).............it all kinda depends on work at the moment as I've actually got some to do :-S

Guest pelmetman
AliB - 2012-03-27 10:43 AM

Not exactly a recommendation but a pointer in the right direction.

http://www.almainn.com/index.htm

I drove past this place late one night and there were 2 motorhomes in the car park which I assume were staying overnight. The restaurant has a good reputation but I am always reluctant to recommend places as I do not know your likes and dislikes.

Thanks Alib........that's more like it :D

Dave , there is a site at Elland ( next to Hellifax ) . Basic toilets and shower , no hard standing but hook up £12.00 per night . Peaceful location , Elland is within walking distance to around 5 or 6 pubs and curry houses . The Bridge on Saturday night has a disco and I have been known to cut some moves to Brotherhood of Man after 3 or 4 halves of mild in there . Elland Hall Campsite me thinks .

No jabs required , just full radiation suit and remember up here we still trade in sheep and tobacco , your English pounds are no good

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2012-03-27 5:27 PM

No jabs required , just full radiation suit and remember up here we still trade in sheep and tobacco , your English pounds are no good

Thought as much :D...................I've got some nice shinny beads and mirrors to trade..........failing that and they prefer drugs, I've got a job lot of out of date pile cream ;-)

But West Yorkshire can't be that uncivilized if you still have disco's B-)..............I'll bring my Bay City Roller jacket and platform shoes to blend in with the locals ;-)

A little further west, but listed as a MCC Nightstop. ("You don't need to be a member of any club to use our sites.")

"The Hawthorn, 365 Roundthorn Road, Oldham OL4 5LN; tel 0161 213 9860/07948 204 901

The Hawthorn is set in a quiet location surrounded by woods and fields; motorcaranners are able to stop overnight in a former car park opposite the local pub, the Dog and Partridge. All the pitches are hardstanding, and showers and toilets are available. The owner of the land is a motorcaravanner himself, and is aiming to provide everything that you'd need from an overnight stopover."

Archived