A Year Touring Europe in a Motorhome. What Did It Cost?

Addie

Hello :-)

We've just come back from a year touring Europe and wanted to share our accounts for the time we spent away to show what can be achieved on what we feel was a relatively tight budget.

We covered 23,000 miles stopping in 18 countries and have posted a detailed account of our expenditure in the hope that others might consider a similar trip. We hope you find it interesting reading!

http://www.europebycamper.com/2012/03/touring-europe-for-year-what-does-it.html

All the best

Adam & Sophie

Guest pelmetman

Just a thought A & S............

Best keep it secret as if the whole world were find out being idle is better than working for a living 8-)..................

It could be the end of civilisation as we know it 8-) 8-)

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

pelmetman - 2012-03-27 7:55 PM

Best keep it secret as if the whole world were find out being idle is better than working for a living 8-)..................

Idle? Not us! I worked two days a week most of the whole year :-) We had Vodafone Data Traveller so had 24/7 e-mail throughout Europe for £10/mth and our long range Wifi antenna for when we needed the PC and that's all I need to earn a living :-).

Guest pelmetman
Addie - 2012-03-27 8:03 PM

pelmetman - 2012-03-27 7:55 PM

Idle? Not us! I worked two days a week most of the whole year :-) We had Vodafone Data Traveller so had 24/7 e-mail throughout Europe for £10/mth and our long range Wifi antenna for when we needed the PC and that's all I need to earn a living :-).

Well if I was desperate I would up my game to two days a week................but that means staying at home...................... I seek the perfect idle idyll :D

As my God is thrift...........and I worship at his altar of idleness :D :D

Guest peter
What a great blog. There's some great information there. Thanks very much. We will have to have a good read of it all, as we plan on doing someting similar. It was also nice to see a younger couple living the dream as well, as it's only the retired or rich that usually have the time.

bow.gif.c2aefdf3577dfeffbf73f2c345844680.gif

In the middle 1970's when I was " The Man from the Pru " I had a transfer of business from a family that had just returned from a 12 month tour of Europe. They had 2  daughters about 11 / 13 sold their property and stored their belongings gave up a good job and bought a motorhome ,it was fasinating listening to their adventures having just crossed the channel and set off on a family adventure , which really made me envious as to how brave I thought of them to just change a way of life up sticks and venture forth.

The remarkable thing was upon their return to the UK they rented a property put the children into a local school he soon found a good job and picked up the pieces in a very short time .I was never that brave to do such a thing , but at the back of my mind it was always something I yearned to do .Now I'm retired at least I can fullfill part of my quest.

Thanks for a fantastic blog well done .

Archived