Hmmm I have £2 - what shall I spend it on?

josie gibblebucket

What is the betting that the Royal Mail decides that stamps have a time limit and only ones at the new price will be valid after summer.

By the way did anyone hear the boss of the Royal Mail on the telly. She is Canadian, although I would ahve sworn she was a southern belle from the good ol US of A from the way she spoke. I was waitng for her to come out with how she enjoyed running such a cute little outfit such as the ROYAL Mail etc in good old Engelandshire etc. I suppose we could not a big enough numpty home grown to run the thing. When it is privatised she will get a whopping big payout no doubt.

Guest Tracker

£2 will buy you a dinner with Dave - not sure which Dave though!

Or, just to eliminate any inter party bias, you could donate it to the Labour party instead - no doubt they would use it wisely too - although given that past performance is not an indication of future performance I wouldn't bet against them turning it into a £2 debt - jus' like that!!

peter - 2012-03-28 10:02 PMYou could have bought nearly 2/3rds of a pint of beer instead. :D
I Know and i would have enjoyed it but im looking down from the moral high-ground of sobriety for a day or two. :-)
And did you know you still need to be or appear to be over 18 to buy alcohol free beer how odd is that.

... or a tray of 8 beautiful giant snowdrops at our local market.

... or a tray of 20 primulas

... or a large hellibore

... or 2 azaleas

... or 16 'proper' beef burgers

... or 3 packs of tasty bacon

... or ... no, I think that's enough to make you wish you were there!

Oh, and how about a prime pork joint with a pepper crust (as sold in M&S) for nowt ... cause he dropped it on to the platform and couldn't sell it so gave it to us for the dogs!!! 8-)

Guest Tracker
josie gibblebucket - 2012-03-29 10:56 AM

wow, theres some good bargains in your neck of the woods then Mel, can't get anything as cheap as that round here, the plants seem to be especially good value. Great for gardeners :-)

I suppose if you looked hard enough for long enough, and Mel obviously did, you would eventually find some minor advantage to compensate for living in Hull!

Dave225 - 2012-03-28 8:27 PM

What is the betting that the Royal Mail decides that stamps have a time limit and only ones at the new price will be valid after summer.

By the way did anyone hear the boss of the Royal Mail on the telly. She is Canadian, although I would ahve sworn she was a southern belle from the good ol US of A from the way she spoke. I was waitng for her to come out with how she enjoyed running such a cute little outfit such as the ROYAL Mail etc in good old Engelandshire etc. I suppose we could not a big enough numpty home grown to run the thing. When it is privatised she will get a whopping big payout no doubt.

They can't do that. Once they have sold you,the stamp they have entered into a contract to supply the service.

Tracker - 2012-03-29 2:11 PM

josie gibblebucket - 2012-03-29 10:56 AM

wow, theres some good bargains in your neck of the woods then Mel, can't get anything as cheap as that round here, the plants seem to be especially good value. Great for gardeners :-)

I suppose if you looked hard enough for long enough, and Mel obviously did, you would eventually find some minor advantage to compensate for living in Hull!

Don't knock it until you've tried it Rich ... but if what you think of Hull keeps you 'away' it's gotta be a benefit to us!!! (lol) ;-)

kelly58 - 2012-03-29 8:07 PM

Two boxes of Smarties or from Morrisons 2 x 98p Easter Eggs us non smokers have to have some pleasures yum yum

That reminds me ... did anyone listen to the Alan Carr and Mel Sykes show on Radio 2 a couple of weeks ago? The one I'm on about was when they were doing the 'quiz' and one of the questions for the caller was something like "If Alan was being eaten by a zombie, what would it sound like?". No doubt they were expecting the chap to imitate Alan screaming or something like, but instead he did the zombie enjoying eating him going "nyum, nyum, nyum" - it was hysterical especially since the show producer kept playing it and has done on subsequent shows!!! :D

Such a shame that the won't be doing it for much longer ... :-|

Archived