CL / CS expectations

ips

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pepe63 - 2012-03-29 3:59 PM

Just looking at those photos again..and I think you've got room for a kids playground,a pool and maybe even a clubhouse.. (lol)

(..you could have nightly Bingo sessions... (lol))

I am joking of cause...before anyone jumps in.... ;-)

we have a pond just behind the pitches on 1st photo out of shot. Does that count at all. :-D

ips - 2012-03-29 4:06 PM

we have a pond just behind the pitches on 1st photo out of shot. Does that count at all. :-D

..No!..Not unless it's got pedalos on it(..preferably the ones shaped like ruddy great big swans)... (lol)

(spelling edit:..as there's an "a" in pedalo... :$ )

Guest 1footinthegrave
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and to be fair that can sometimes be the case, however not always, we use google earth street view a lot now, and wander up lanes without leaving the house checking for Gas works and the like. But that does have it's flaws, we failed to notice a very small sign at one CS destination, which was advertising the service of boarding kennels and cattery, only when we arrived were we alerted to it when all hell was let loose I'm assuming at feeding time, no mention of it was in the CS details, I wonder why. Needless to say we soon left.

ips - 2012-03-29 2:23 PM

Thanks

two recently installed (12 mths ago) hardstandings and new paddock fence. Just had to put green netting around the laurels between pitches due to rabbits getting at em, should look nice when they grow a bit and we can trim them into a nice hedge.

Looking at that photo, can I add another requirement for me (and one that equally applies to larger campsites as well!)....hardstandings that you don't have to drive across grass to get to. Your's doesn't look so bad...there've been CLs I've been to before now where a 100yd drive across a boggy field is required. Of course, in the book they indicate as being all hardstanding....

That looks lovely Ips.....we like a nice clear sign at the entrance (also use Google to walk the road to see where sites are),

I like to pay up front so that we can leave when we want to and as someone else has said clear signage as to who to pay.

I can see that you have a nice drive way to the pitches also an advantage with a larger van.

EHU not necessary; however for longer stays in the winter EHU is nice.

Guest pelmetman

It looks a really pretty and well cared for site. Do you allow dogs and is there a dog walking area or somewhere we can walk to safely with Troy?

SUE

Yes we allow dogs and yes there are nice walks up a fairly quiet lane some off road walks also about 300 yds up said lane.

We leave everyone a payment slip and envelope in the arrivals box with info to post it in our letter box 50 yds up the lane so campers can pay whenever its conveonient. Also got information board with map of local pub shop cafe etc usually have menus and stuff on there also which reminds me we need to put new ones in. Just spent £100 on a new gate so entrance looks really nice now with daffs growing each side of gate.

Oops this is begining to sound like an advertisment, sorry :-D

If I'm at a stopover or just on site for one or two days I like to see OS map with site marked and few notes on footpaths that might make interesting walk, short or long, as it's not usualy cost effective to buy a map that will proboly only be used once or twice for an evning stroll.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Just a plea to dog owners, PLEASE clean up after them, last CS we stopped at the grass was liberally covered in dog poo, not easy to spot in long grass, :-(

Guest pelmetman
ips - 2012-03-30 3:50 PM

Yes we allow dogs and yes there are nice walks up a fairly quiet lane some off road walks also about 300 yds up said lane.

We leave everyone a payment slip and envelope in the arrivals box with info to post it in our letter box 50 yds up the lane so campers can pay whenever its conveonient. Also got information board with map of local pub shop cafe etc usually have menus and stuff on there also which reminds me we need to put new ones in. Just spent £100 on a new gate so entrance looks really nice now with daffs growing each side of gate.

Oops this is begining to sound like an advertisment, sorry :-D

Is there a discount for charming good looking Pelmet makers? :D

Just looking at those photos again..and I think you've got room for a kids playground,a pool and maybe even a clubhouse.. (lol)

You could turn it into a swiming pond, apparently they are all the rage! Just make sure you 'ban' skinny dipping. :D

Mel B - 2012-03-30 6:40 PM

You could turn it into a swiming pond, apparently they are all the rage! Just make sure you 'ban' skinny dipping. :D

But everyone's worried you will get in there with your canoes, Mel ;-) :-D

flicka - 2012-03-30 10:19 PM

But everyone's worried you will get in there with your canoes, Mel ;-) :-D

:D :D :D :D :D

Predigest against the Germans Mel? (lol)

You could have a "Textile Beach" :D

Textile Beach - a rare beach in Germany where you are supposed to keep clothes on, not very popular :$

lennyhb - 2012-03-31 10:25 AM

Predigest against the Germans Mel? (lol)

You could have a "Textile Beach" :D

Textile Beach - a rare beach in Germany where you are supposed to keep clothes on, not very popular :$

I don't like 'eating' Germans Lenny at any time .... :D (I think you meant prejudiced ... well I hope you did! :$ ).

... I was thinking more of banning skinny dipping due to the number of forum members who would visit ... not a pretty sight!!! (lol)

Peace and quiet (away from busy roads)

Plenty of space (away from nosey tuggers)

View

Grass (although hard in the winter is useful, or a handy 4x4 or tractor nearby)

Level (ish)

Animals. (lamas, donkeys, sheep, cows, Kangeroos whatever. Love watching them)

Cost. £3-6 non EHU, £6-£12 max with EHU although not fussed about EHU

No showers

No toilets

Buxom farm girl! (Optional) :D

• 1 year later...
Looking at that photo, can I add another requirement for me (and one that equally applies to larger campsites as well!)....hardstandings that you don't have to drive across grass to get to. Your's doesn't look so bad...there've been CLs I've been to before now where a 100yd drive across a boggy field is required. Of course, in the book they indicate as being all hardstanding....

Bit cheeky to resurect this thread but wanted to state that since the picture was taken the tarmac road in has been widened and extended all the way to the end hard standing therefore even a caravan need never touch grass to get on one of the two HS oh and by the end of this season we should have at least one more HS

Mel B - 2012-03-31 7:28 PM

I thought the whole point of skinny dipping was the fact that it's slightly non-conformist? so signs banning will encourage? anyway, mostly better in the moonlight,

regards

alan b

Archived