CL / CS expectations

ips

ips - 2013-05-10 9:30 AM

Looking at that photo, can I add another requirement for me (and one that equally applies to larger campsites as well!)....hardstandings that you don't have to drive across grass to get to. Your's doesn't look so bad...there've been CLs I've been to before now where a 100yd drive across a boggy field is required. Of course, in the book they indicate as being all hardstanding....

Bit cheeky to resurect this thread but wanted to state that since the picture was taken the tarmac road in has been widened and extended all the way to the end hard standing therefore even a caravan need never touch grass to get on one of the two HS oh and by the end of this season we should have at least one more HS

This might explain better.

Dave

2118280310_SAM_0938(Small)(Small).JPG.2946da44576f15894523acd3c23d6bee.JPG

510486452_SAM_0939(Small).JPG.85369908b4035f421c0f23e65d71c5c8.JPG

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't it all depend on the time of the year and what you are doing?   Basic cl/cs for the summer.   Lots of sun to charge the batty via the solar panel and for lolling about in.   Ground baked hard by aforementioned sun so one doesn't get stuck, with pub, bus, cycle trail all added bonuses.   In the winter, especially at Christmas, we like to meet up with motorhoming friends and stay on a cl/cs with hard standing and EHU as over a few days with lights on a lot of the time, not to mention TV, the batties don't last that long.    At that time of year, although pub/bus are welcome, cycle routes aren't as essential.   Never use showers and toilets on these sites as they all seem to be infested with nasty big farm spiders!

Sparky

1footinthegrave - 2012-03-28 9:20 PM

Isn't this the conundrum, we always groan when folk arrive with their pooches to "poodle around" not a problem for us if they are quiet, and yet our very well behaved and quiet granddaughter is not welcome at more and more sites that say adults only, dogs welcome though. But there you go you can't please everyone !

As a Great- Grandad and also being a Dog Owner I love to see well behaved children/dogs. It's not the children/dogs that are the problem it's the in-considerate parents/owners who allow them to disturb other people! We like sites and parking places that are quiet, tidy, well cared for and within short walking distance of a village/town or bus stop. We can manage the facilities or lack of them! :-) B-)

SAS - 2013-05-15 10:44 PM

Hardstanding, not too shaded, (I don`t like blocking the sun out) no chickens, easy access, no chickens and quiet.

Whats wrong with Chickens!! In Germany last year I adopted one. He lived under the van for three days on a Stellplatz. We called him Vanunder. He only came out if we fed him or to listen to my guitar.

Mind you when the local Chicken van packed up Mrs D started sharpening the carving knife.

Vanunder.JPG.9333cd04e780e713a89501089b2f4b5a.JPG

As a walking disabled camper here is my idea of a good cl.

First, no gate to open and shut, getting in and out of the van is difficult.

Flat pitch, preferably with hard standing. (Saves struggling to put ramps out)

Electricity, as we use the vans shower and no worries about flat batteries etc.

Prefer to have a tap on pitch (again saves having to keep getting in and out of van)

Nice view, for the days you don’t feel like going out

Easy access to toilet emptying, (SOG system, so I can empty toilet every day) difficult to carry if any fuller.

Although a club site would probably suit my needs better, the price can be too high, I love using Cl’s but we have used some where we have been unable to fill up with water or empty the toilet, we usually look for a club site after a night on a cl like that or a cl we have used before if we are heading somewhere that we have been before.

Archived