Motorhome sunshade

dutchwoman

Can anyone help me find out what kind of sunshade appeared in a "recent" article by Andy Stothert. We have an Elddis Autoquest 115 and , as we live in the north of Scotland, do not want to fit a permanent awning. No point paying for fuel usage to transport everywhere something used very occasionally. A sunsahde seems to be thge answer for our month in France this year. Suggerstions very welcome/. Thanks

dutchwoman - 2012-04-01 7:08 PM

Thanks all. How are they fitted?

You need to have an awning rail fitted to your van or a wind out awning, into which you thread the sunshade:

The Easy Canopy is a lightweight, simple to erect canopy to attach to either caravan awning channel or wind-out awnings. The front poles are sectional swaged steel so they can be disassembled to pack up small and lightweight. The front also has a ridge pole to offer greater stability. The canopy fabric is 190T Polyester for greater durability. Approximate Weight 5kg.

Just get one of those big patio umbrella thingies, and stab it's spiky base into the grass.

20 quid at most.

Or....just wear a hat. You're in Scotland for pities sake...it's only sunny for 28 minutes per year. Save the extra money to spend on wine.

We've had one of those EasiCanopies for about 5 years now and we really rate them highly..

(...although I do think we only paid about 45quid for ours'...)

I'm just suprised that more people don't use them..instead of just rushing out and spending 500odd plus quid on windout awnings(..which, if deployed properly,need strapping down anyway..)..

dutchwoman - 2012-04-01 7:08 PM

Thanks all. How are they fitted?

Just thought I'd add..if your Autoquest 115 is similar to our previous 120 ('07),then I think(?) it's already got the caravan type awning moulding fitted... ;-)

(..although you'll need steps in order to reach it..).

BGD - 2012-04-01 11:44 PM

Just get one of those big patio umbrella thingies, and stab it's spiky base into the grass.

20 quid at most.

Or....just wear a hat. You're in Scotland for pities sake...it's only sunny for 28 minutes per year. Save the extra money to spend on wine.

LOL

BGD - 2012-04-01 11:44 PM

20 quid at most.

... not much use if you're on a hardstanding though! Or if you're on an aire and just want to put your awning out a bit to keep out of the rain ... :-D

Archived