DFDS & PayPal

Caddies104

Hi

For info, have just booked a return ferry crossing, Dover / Calais with DFDS at a cost of £73.. There is a charge for most cards even Debits,,,, But not if you have PayPal account.......

Thought this was good, tried Caravan Club, but they appear to only do P&O from Dover,(£94) not DFDS..

times were good also

:-)

A happy Derek&Pauline (lol)

We used the CC to book Dover/Dunkirk ferry for May, and always use Debit Card as there is no charge for this. The price we obtained was considerably better than using DFDS site direct. However, it is quie a rigmarole to actually get through the CC website to book just a ferry, but if you click on the route option of UK to France (Dover and Tunnel), this will bring up all availability.

I think the CC have changed the rules this year on bookings though, and DFDS can only be booked via CC on-line, unless as part of package including Ferry and Sites.

Caddies104 - 2012-03-31 6:54 PM

Hi

For info, have just booked a return ferry crossing, Dover / Calais with DFDS at a cost of £73.. There is a charge for most cards even Debits,,,, But not if you have PayPal account.......

I wonder if that's because the charge is coming direct from your bank account (the 'standard' option I believe in Paypal)? :-S

Hi

Thought this was good, tried Caravan Club, but they appear to only do P&O from Dover,(£94) not DFDS..

times were good also

The CC are still offering DFDS Dover/ Dunquerk or Calais for £29 each way.

Bas

Guest ChrisB
Mel B - 2012-03-31 11:26 PM

I wonder if that's because the charge is coming direct from your bank account (the 'standard' option I believe in Paypal)? :-S

Yes it is the defaut opeion - but you can always select an alternative payment method at the checkout i.e. your credit card.

PayPal is a convenient method of payment - used it this year to pay the deposit on our Frnch campsite.

Basil - 2012-04-01 11:39 AM

Hi

times were good also

The CC are still offering DFDS Dover/ Dunquerk or Calais for £29 each way.

Bas

When I go on CC site I don't see an option of DFDS Dover Calais , only P & O, am I missing it??

I have just booked Dover Dunkirk with CC £59 return and option for half price Vip Lounge, as said previously it is under Dover - France tunnel/ferry .(DFDS £79) Thats half my membership paid for. :-D

If you pay by Paypal it is the seller who picks up the fees.

I wish I had noticed I could pay by Paypal I have some spare cash in my Paypal account and it saves entering Credit card details. There was no credit card charge so I am not that disapointed.

Archived