Site near beach

Den

H Den...give us a clue, Devon has two very long coasts, and loads of campsites. Where doyou want to be - north, south or East Devon, and what facilities/style of campsite are you looking for!??

Are you/she in the Caravan Club, as they have an all singing/ all dancing site at Hillhead, near Brixham, though if you are looking over Easter it may already be full.

We stayed in February near Dawlish on a commercial site, and there are several of them along that stretch of coast, which I guess will be open over that period, but prices will almost certainly be high.

You could try googling the tourist board for teh area you want, as most sites tend to be listed or linked to them, but I am sure if you give some indication of exactly where, you might get more replies, or you could get more repsonse if youtry posting on the other forum for Sites.

For really safe beaches try the Goodrington area between Paignton and Brixham. there are a couple of commercial sites ony a few hundred yards from the beach.

Hillhead is all singing and dancing but its at least 300 ft above sea level. The walk down to Mansands is great though and the beach is totallly uncommercial.

If they want surfing its North Devon you want and thats bandit country for me

maggyd - 2012-04-02 1:24 PM

The CCC site at Lynton looks ideal site if you have bairns. :-D

You'll need to drive as it is a VERY long walk to Lynmouth and UP a steep hill on the way back to the site.

My best advice to Den's daughter is to look at a book of sites and decide exactly what meets her requirements. What other folks think suitable may not fit her requirements. What did you suggest Den?

As regards someon'e suggestion of the car park at Slapton Sands, I think that is totally unsuitable for a family holiday but it may possibly have been meant in jest! The nearby CCC site is very good and a short walk down the hill to the sea but as stated above that may not meet the person's requirements.

Slapton is no beach for the kids, steeply shelving shingle and no good for sand castles.

Blackpool close to nearby Stoke Fleming is a great kids beach, Privatly owned and run with Ice cream etc on tap.

The roads in this area are narrow and winding and the double deck bus drivers that work the stretch from Dartmouth to Kings bridge do not have much chance to enjoy the superb sceanery.

Peppermint Park has a great location at the heart of Dawlish Warren - near to one of Devon's most popular beaches. Guests at Peppermint are welcome to also use the facilities of sisters parks Dawlish Sands and Golden Sands – both just a short stroll away. Enjoy a choice of three swimming pools and two clubhouses with top class entertainment on most nights.

Peppermint, Warren Road, Dawlish Warren, Devon, EX7 0PQ

A bit further away from the beaches

Beverley Park (Best of British)

Goodrington Road, Paignton, Devon, South West, United Kingdom. TQ4 7JE

Archived