MMM adverts on forum

duetto owner

For the Editor

Can we please have ads that do not flash or flicker, I suffer both migraine and cluster attacks which can be set off by flickering.

the marquis advert is an example of this, keep the ad but not the flicker, i think epileptics have the same problems too.

duetto owner - 2012-04-03 9:52 AM

For the Editor

Can we please have ads that do not flash or flicker, I suffer both migraine and cluster attacks which can be set off by flickering.

the marquis advert is an example of this, keep the ad but not the flicker, i think epileptics have the same problems too.

I don't 'suffer' from any of these ( apart from being irritated ) but the Marquis ad seems a bit over the top.

The words "CLICK HERE" are quite large enough without them flashing as well.

:-(

malc

I hope the editor reads this and posts a reply. had similar on another forum ages ago and they stopped it asap after many readers complained.

i have to either leave the web page or scroll down past the ad, my cluster head pain attacks are too frequent & painful as it is without them being prompted by flickering ads

keith, thanks but that link does not work on my w7 error says it cannot perform this operation as email is not set up, well my email is running ok may be a temp web error i will try later.

as for blocking the ads in the browser i watch a lot of animated tutorilals which may get blocked too i would have to keep turning this option off/on each time i visit MMM WEB. not too keen on that I am hoping this is a one off bad ad that will be gone soon.

Guest ChrisB

If I could make another (more permanent) suggestion?

I use FireFox as my browser for which there are several free "plug-ins" to control content.

I use "AdBlock Plus" and have not seen the offending advertisements - but there are several blank squares on the right of my screen which I assume would normally contain these adverts?

firefox.jpg.33ba587e651c9f781728e0cba1108bda.jpg

chris thanks for your continued advice. i use IE9 used to have iepro software to block ads but since w7 it went downhill ver 2.4.7 was the last decent ver but slows w7 down. ok for those pre w7.

do not use other browsers, but if these bad ads spread over loads of webs i may re think.

I am hoping the MMM editor will sort the ads out quickly

Guest ChrisB
duetto owner - 2012-04-03 8:58 PM

chris thanks for your continued advice. i use IE9 used to have iepro software to block ads but since w7 it went downhill ver 2.4.7 was the last decent ver but slows w7 down. ok for those pre w7.

do not use other browsers, but if these bad ads spread over loads of webs i may re think.

I am hoping the MMM editor will sort the ads out quickly

You can have bioth IE and Firefox on your computer (as I have) and select which one you want for various websites etc. During the installation of Firefox you can import all your favourites and other settings (or at least you could when I did it some time ago).

The other advantage is that you will have a common browser for use on all of your devices.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Installing%20Firefox

for more information.

Archived