CC-Hosepipe ban "announcement"..

pepe63xnotuse

I've only just noticed this on the CC's website,

Quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special announcement

The Club is sorry to advise that due to water restrictions from southern and eastern water companies, there will be a hosepipe ban effective from 5 April 2012. Caravan cleaning areas will be unavailable in affected areas. We apologise for any inconvenience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must be honest,hadn't realised that they had "Caravan cleaning areas"... :-S

The CC has not banned hose pipes. They've been banned by the water authorities in certain regions. On some sites it's obvious that the club has washing facilities for caravans and motorhomes and, because of this ban, the use of hose pipes to wash 'vans is no longer allowed.

No one is going to be banning you from filling your water tank with a hose and no one is going to be removing the short lengths of hose that are used to rinse cassettes.

Perhaps the CC needs to start explaining things in much simpler terms as it's clear that there are some who will always jump to the totally wrong conclusion! It's clear to me that the club is only saying that, because of the hosepipe ban, caravan washing is no longer allowed.

RogerC - 2012-04-03 12:39 PMFG...I was only asking because it is a 'hosepipe ban' and we all know there are some 'jobsworths' out there who will enforce the rule regardless of how long or what the hose pipe is being used for.

I think you'll find that the wardens will understand that this is an announcement apologising for the discontinuation of caravan washing facilities owing to a hose pipe ban by the water authorities. Apart from which they'll have had a more comprehensive instruction telling them exactly what it's about.

No one needs to start assuming that someone is going to be going around unscrewing two-foot hoses used for rinsing cassettes! 

Then again, some members always will! 

andy mccord - 2012-04-03 12:02 PM

So i can walk and fill my 25 litre container and pour it direct in to my tank, but not use a hosepipe and put in exactly the same amount of water....madness. I thought Flicka had recd a reply stating to the contrary of this statement

Andy

As I read it Andy, they don't mention any ban on filling water tanks at all. You can still use a hose to load fresh water.

They talk only of not using a hose to WASH your van

BGD - 2012-04-03 12:47 PM

andy mccord - 2012-04-03 12:02 PM

So i can walk and fill my 25 litre container and pour it direct in to my tank, but not use a hosepipe and put in exactly the same amount of water....madness. I thought Flicka had recd a reply stating to the contrary of this statement

Andy

As I read it Andy, they don't mention any ban on filling water tanks at all. You can still use a hose to load fresh water.

They talk only of not using a hose to WASH your van

Yeah,..that's how I read it..(..in fact I can't see how folk can be reading it any other way?... :-S )

I just wasn't aware that some sites had "cleaning areas"... ;-)

francisgraham - 2012-04-03 12:46 PM

No one needs to start assuming that someone is going to be going around unscrewing two-foot hoses used for rinsing cassettes! 

Off Topic this bit :$ ..but I wish they WOULD do something with those bl**dy awful bits of hose...e.g Swap them for rigid "swan neck" pipe/tap... or at least fit some form of collar or baffle towards to end,to stop folk from threading the damned things right down,into their cassettes..?!?.... 8-)

pepe63 - 2012-04-03 11:46 AM

I've only just noticed this on the CC's website,

Quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special announcement

The Club is sorry to advise that due to water restrictions from southern and eastern water companies, there will be a hosepipe ban effective from 5 April 2012. Caravan cleaning areas will be unavailable in affected areas. We apologise for any inconvenience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gawd - we're all gonna die !

:-(

( But not yet ;-) )

There was an article on lunchtime TV News, (which I only caught the end of) It said that the different Water Authorities are giving conflicting information regarding the Hosepipe ban.

See my previous post, which includes Daniel's link to enquiries / responses made by MMM & e-mail I rec'd from Anglian Water.

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=27010&posts=30

If a CC site has a "storage area" for caravans and motorhomes, they always have an area set aside either in the storage area or just outside it for the use of its members that store their vans/vehicels there to wash them. I think some are even fitted with long brushes to assist with the job. The storage service that the CC offers is fairly comprehensive.

Archived