keswick C&CC site

ips

Hope to get on sat - tues but cant book for less than 5 nights :-S

Do you think if I just turn up they will let us stay for 3 nights ?

Is it just pre-booking for less than 5 nights that is not allowed.

We dont need hardstanding or hook up so hopefully they can accomodate what do you think are the chances ?

It is a very popular site and I understand that often at peak holiday periods it can be full. With the very recent weather who knows how busy it will be? Also what will the condition be of the grass pitches? It is a very low lying site.

As I understand it, the terms are that you can't pre-book for less than 5 nights when a Bank Holiday is part of the booking. If there is space when you arrive I would think you will be given a pitch for as long as you want it, subject to a pitch being available for that length of time.

Only you can make the decision as to whether it is worth just turning up. An alternative is, on the day you wish to arrive, phone the site and ask if there is available space. Although you won't be able book or reserve a pitch you should at least be able to find out if it is full, nearly full or if there are lots of spaces. Then it is up to you to decide what to do.

Good luck!

They told me not using grass pitches.Very little chance of getting on Keswick bank holidays.You may get on scotgay at braithwaite without HU-UP if not we wild camped behind fitz park ,free parking there also.wild camp at side road to crosswaite church or by the bridge to Portinscale on left just after the side road mentioned .

Baz

We were there last week (Fantastic pitch and Weather) I was in rerception and they were telling people on the phone that they had no weekend pitches available till after Easter. They do seem to fit members in, if they can, if you just turn up on spec, especially if the grass areas around the lake and river are reasonably hard.

When we were there they let a couple of vans park up on the tarmac and put a long lead to the EHUs on the grass.

If there is a chance of the lake flooding they will not take in any extras in fact they may even turn you away if you have booked.

It is a fantastic, site although the washrooms are a little dated, it is worth booking in advance but with the problems with the web site booking systen booking by phone is the best way I tried for two weeks to book on-line and ended up booking over the phone and just getting in before it was full and that was Monday to Friday.

We booked for three nights beginning of March to try out our new van.

We told them we needed disabled facilities at the time of booking but when we arrived they told us the disabled facities were not open and we had to use the main block up a slope at the top of site.

The pitch we were allocated was as far away as possible and told we could drive the van up near the toilet block when we needed the facilites not an ideal situation.The motorvan dumping point was not in use either.Had we been informed the facilities wer not open we could have made alternative arrangements

The book also states 2 minute walk into Keswick ....... It was more than a 2 minute walk to reception from our pitch to reception.

We only stayed for 2 of the 3 nights. On ouir return home I rang ccc to ask if in future they could notify people who had given a specific request if it was not possible. She was very appologetic and said it shouldnt have happened and she would contact the site. She also gave us a refund of the 3rd night.

We were not asking for recompense but it was a very nice gesture.

The van behaved immpecably though apart from a drawer front falling off!!!!

davanne - 2012-04-07 1:06 PM

We booked for three nights beginning of March to try out our new van.

We told them we needed disabled facilities at the time of booking but when we arrived they told us the disabled facilities were not open and we had to use the main block up a slope at the top of site.

QUOTE]

I am fortunate to be 'fully mobile' but this sort of thing does annoy me. They clearly have chosen not to open the facility to save work and reduce staffing at this time of year but this action clearly discriminates against the less able of the clubs members and should be challenged. It is clear from what you say it would have been quite reasonable for them to make a facility available. After all why should you not have equal access to the site facility. >:-)

Unlike CC the CCC dont have as many hard standings and arent keen on you using grass pitches with a motorhome! so if I were you I would have a couple of alternatives to go to, but be prepared to pay the same as with hookup as they dont charge for electric :-S just a pitch fee even on the car park.

Archived