Gangster politics

nightrider

The city of Salford which is the twin city of Manchester are soon to be having an election for a new mayor, one of the candidates is a well known Mr Big of crime in the Manchester and Salford area.

Paul Massey has served a number of prison terms for attempted murder, post office and bank raids, by all accounts he is entitled to put his name forward as he has been jail free for the requisite time.

He is supposedly a legit business man in the security and property business.

The thing is, all the Salford scumbags will vote for him as one of their own, whether he is doing this as a wind up I dont know but he has the finance to back himself, apparantly his manifesto is to keep Salford streets drug free, lets see what happens.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Who cares, the UK is a joke in any event, all the rest are a bunch of spivs dressed in respectable clothes, that's the only difference.

Guest pelmetman
1footinthegrave - 2012-04-06 6:31 PM

Who cares, the UK is a joke in any event, all the rest are a bunch of spivs dressed in respectable clothes, that's the only difference.

Which is why I'm an armchair anarchist ;-)...................I used to generate more than a couple of thousand a month in tax.......not anymore..........I still pay in the low hundreds.....to cover my moral obligations ;-)

The ballot box is a waste of time *-)................I prefer to hit them where it hurts :D

• 4 weeks later...

To 'set a thief to catch a thief' may be the policy.

The big problem with politics and people is that everyone has an opinion and the answers, but will never actually do anything positive to implement them. We all despise all the Parties but as no one else will stand, there is no other option. Not voting merely makes life easier for them, and the vast majority are apathetic about voting anyway.

Having big Parties mean that democracy is usually forgotten, having lots of smaller Parties mean coalitions and endless areguments, and nothing gets done. Is there an answer? Yes, there is but is not ikely to surface until attitudes change significantly.

Guest peter
postnote - 2012-05-03 3:21 PM

Opps, sorry thought you were talking about Gansters Pasties.. :-S

Ginsters actually. :D

Archived