E-bay rant

cerro

cerro - 2012-04-09 2:41 PM

Expert, the problem is I dont want to go on a monthly billing system where mistakes can be made over the next so many months where I have to keep checking, I want to pay by debit card once like I do any where els. I might not use e-bay again. I was brought up in the 30s and 40s where you could leave your door open for the milk man to pick is money up and fill your jug with milk when you were not in. so maybe you dont understand how all this modern stuff is difficult for a 78 year old. to grasp and be able to trust. I just want the freedom to be able to choose. but dont matter now Iv cancelled e-bay and am thinking of jacking in the internet its such a minefield these days.

As far as I am aware you can do exactly that, simply nominate the card you wish to pay with.

Sorry but you cant, you have to go on there system, or it wont let you go any further. Anyway I have put it on gumtree and Motorhome.mobi now. I am not trying to sell it on here but If anyone wants to look out of interest its timberland motorhome £18500

cerro - 2012-04-10 8:51 PM

Sorry but you cant, you have to go on there system, or it wont let you go any further. Anyway I have put it on gumtree and Motorhome.mobi now. I am not trying to sell it on here but If anyone wants to look out of interest its timberland motorhome £18500

No wish to get in a long discussion on this but you do go into their system but you can then nominate an alternative payment method, just use that. You are really missing out by not using Ebay certainly the best chance of selling your van, not much chance elsewhere.

We run our business through ebay and have a web site, 99% of the business comes through Ebay even though website is cheaper. *-)

Our larger items , car, trailer tent and folding camper we have sold with great success on Ebay. We always put in the advert that 'this sale can be removed at any time' as it is advertised elsewhere, this seems to encourage bids but means you can remove before paying final costs to Ebay or paypal and can be dealt with privately between you and buyer. Or as others have said go the other way with no auction.

We pay our fee's through Paypal, not thought of using our Tesco credit card, although I do buy alot of my stock with that which gives us enough to cover all our crossings with Eurotunnel for past 5 years (lol)

Mandy

If you sell the item, make certain that you have a signed receipt from the purchaser as Paypal protects the purchaser but not the seller!

There have been several cases that the purchaser has claimed not to have received the item and has claimed the money from Paypal, ie the seller!

Similarly a colleague purchased a laptop through ebay it was paid for by Paypal but never arrived, he claimed he had sent it and charged for postage insurance.

After a while he could not produce any evidence of posting so my colleague took him to the small claims court and a bailife went to his house but the person said he did not live there! End of saga my colleague was out of pocket to the tune of £500 for the laptop and also the cost of the small claims court.

Paypal did not assist him in any way and did not compensate him, so beware in a case of dispute!

Archived