satnav.

pilote.

There are some recent posts about this. Try a search.

I have downloaded the latest Tomtom update and it has removed "Speed cameras" and replaced them with "Danger Zones" effectively the same thing and legal.

I believe other makes have got the same update.

You can simply turn them off and that is apparently legal, I say apparently as no one has tested the law yet!

H

If you use the search feature above and enter "France","Sat Nav" under key words and set the period for 1 year there are hundreds of opinions quoted.

From my perspective you should update your sat nav software thereby deleting camera locations while installing 'speed camera alert areas'.

Just disabling the sat nav and still holding the ability to switch on the camera locations would seem to be against the law.

You might get more help in doing this if we were made aware of which GPS system you are operating i.e Garmin or Tom Tom etc..

The latest TomTom update is not applicable to all models (as has been discussed in other threads). For those who don't have an applicable model (me included with my TomTom One V3 Western Europe) TomTom just tell you to disable the warning POIs and shows you how to do this. They also say that this action is sufficient if the POI file cannot be adjusted to the new warnings.

Archived