Fiat 3.0L engine MPG

RonK

Does anyone have any experience of the miles per gallon I could expect to achieve from a Fiat 3.0 litre, manual transmission, 160 bhp engine? The one I am looking at is fitted in a 2009 Buerstner Solano T697 (MTPLM 4000kg)

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

2009/2010 MMM test reports on motorhomes fitted with the 3.0-litre powerplant and manual transmission suggest that - taking into account the specification of a 2009 Solano T-697 - you might realistically expect to achieve from such a vehicle an average fuel consumption in the range 23-28mpg.

Consumption would also depend significantly on how heavily you loaded the Solano, how hard you drove it and where you drove it. Lightly loaded, at a steady 90km/h on a long run on a French autoroute, you might manage to approach 30mpg: loaded near its 4-tonne MTPLM, driven 'enthusiastically' in the Brecon Beacons, you might be lucky to get 20mpg.

The Solano T-697 is a biggish, heavy vehicle with a large-capacity motor: it's never going to be super-economical regarding fuel consumption.

Hi RonK,

We have the Fiat 3.0L engine fitted to our AT + the automatic gearbox. We regularly return 23mpg when fully loaded and towing a small car, total weight of MH and car is in the region of 5500kgs.

I generally cruise at 55 to 60mph on motorways and don't drive with a heavy right foot unless circumstances demand a quick get away!

Hope this helps.

John & Anne.

Archived