OBD ii

tommydud

Depends on how deep you need to get into it really. If its only to sort out minor issues then any of the cheap ones off eBay should do, I have one that is a Bluetooth device I can connect my smartphone to (android phone) which gives base level access to such things as clearing a fault light and reading generic fault codes. It won't read manufacturer specific codes though.

D.

Guest ChrisB

As always sound advice from Dave.

I searched the Internet for "Service Spanner Citroen Dispatch" and have now re-set the display. It should have been reset at the service last month - but it looks like they forgot! (had not appeared as less than 12months/10,000miles)

The vehicle is 5 years old - may not be as simple with more recent models, but worth a shot.

Guest peter
As Dave says, service lights are usually reset by a combination of button presses on the steering wheel or dash. The one on my merc' is a right pain and takes ages.

It's being suggested here

http://myreader.co.uk/msg/127544605.aspx

that something as sophisticated as a Launch X431 may be needed. I've also seen a suggestion that a Technotest Reflex equipment can be used.

Both of these equipments are expensive and, if it's true that the service interval indicator on later X250s can only be reset by the 'official' Citroen/Fiat/Peugeot diagnostic tool or by one of the tools mentioned above, it would be a whole lot cheaper just to get the indicator set professionally.

I recently got one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CAN-Bus-Trouble-Diagnose-Diagnostic-Scanner/dp/B001CBBY7O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334054806&sr=8-1

for a problem I had on my Ford Kuga, works a treat on mine but wont work on bro's nissan x trail so you need to check that it will work on yours. Apparently some mfrs have some software written in so only there code readers will be accepted by the vehicle. Research via Google etc should confirm.

Hello,

My Technotest Reflex will do it, but on the other hand it will disappear on it's own after a while so I don't recommend that you spend £6000 on a Reflex! I don't know of any of the budget devices that will do it.

Anything prior to the X250 can be reset by holding down the trip button.

Nick

I believe that on some vehicles (and Fiat was mentioned) that if the ECU is not satisfied that a service has been done (ie spanner not removed) then the oil pressure warning light will illuminate.

This happened to me at 70 mph with the car on a dual carriageway recently and is either the spanner symbol or a faulty oil pressure sender. Either way, it is one helluva wake up call. 8-)

Archived