Overnight at Plymouth

Sssnake

Haven't travelled via Plymouth for about 4 years, but we did so regularly forseveralyears, and from memory there was an area of parking prior ot the check in booths where some people parked overnight. Might be an idea to call the port authorities to get the up to date information,as I am sure you would not be alone in wanting to stay overnight for the early ferry.

I should have added we always got the lunchtime or later sailing (depeding on tide times,I think!), which landed us in Brittany for the overnight stop, adn teh car parking area at Roscoff was ultimately totally refurbioshed and provded an excellent place to stay - though later on we found some great Aires a few miles down the coast. Either way, we enjoyed early morning starts and the lovely drive acorss teh Breton National Park on many occasions.

Guest Peter James
I spent a comfortable night parked on Grand Parade last week. Metered parking but free from 4pm to 10am.

1515280229_GrandParadePlymouth.jpg.174a34a55d0511925d0fbf420196f2df.jpg

Armada Way is in the middle of the shopping centre, where exactly do you mean?

There is a Park and Ride site ( car park) at Milehouse no height barriers and one at the George Hotel at the Park and Ride, next to the airport.

There is overnight parking in the bus station, think it is £5, used by trucks and buses.

There is also the CC site but they charge £14 I think.

If you go to the port, look by the tree as you drive in. There is a 'statue' of a pile of gold bullion, supposed to have been exported from Plymouth in the 30's and only guarded by one PC or that's the story I heard.

Archived