Thetford C3 cassettes

Frank

Hi, I wondered if anybody has any information on Thetford cassette repair. I have a Thetford C3 left handed toilet in my van, when I remove the cassette for emptying the contents come out of the air vent if carried end up. There is a seal for the vent which I replaced and I also replaced the plastic part inside that abuts the vent seal, however, this did not fix the problem. I took it to a local caravan dealer that are Thetford agents but they were unable to help. I have sent an e-mail to Thetford and await their reply but meanwhile I thought that I would trawl for further information so my question is does anyone know of a dealer within striking distances of Staffordshire/Cheshire that can repair these things? Failing that does anybody know of an outlet that sells the cassettes? I have found one place on the internet (www.motorcaravanning.co.uk) that charges £83.50 + p&p. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Frank

[QUOTE]fjmike - 2006-06-04 7:19 PM Sorry I can't help with your problem but have you looked for a replacement on Ebay?[/QUOTE] Hi Thank you for the reply; yes, I have looked on EBay and have not found one that is suitable so far. Regards Frank

I had to replace the cassette in my hymer last year and got in touch with Thetford in Coventry,they had to order it from Belgium because it was an obsolete model, I think it cost about the same as you,ve been quoted,cant find their details at the moment,but they seem to be a main agent,the problem with 2nd hand ones is that people only really replace cassettes when they have a problem with them, so you could end up with a faulty one. Have you tried a caravan breakers ?

[QUOTE]euroanchor - 2006-06-05 3:36 PM I had to replace the cassette in my hymer last year and got in touch with Thetford in Coventry,they had to order it from Belgium because it was an obsolete model, I think it cost about the same as you,ve been quoted,cant find their details at the moment,but they seem to be a main agent,the problem with 2nd hand ones is that people only really replace cassettes when they have a problem with them, so you could end up with a faulty one. Have you tried a caravan breakers ?[/QUOTE] Thanks euroanchor. I still haven't heard back from Thetford, if I don't hear anything by tommorow I will call Coventry as you suggest. There is a good chance that mine will also be an older model since it does look slightly different from the newer pictures that I see. Regards Frank

Archived