Parking in Scarborough

Guest Peter James

Guest Had Enough
747 - 2013-01-10 7:48 PM

I agree with Tracker because I believe I know who Hadenough is. One of his comments may have given him away.

"On other forums they " Brag " that they pitch in places for several days often on Seafronts"

As I only come on this forum now and again I will keep shtum. I look forward to his future sparring with some of the members on here. Some of them need a good tongue lashing. :D

Isn't it strange how people jump to conclusions! I said that I'd be out most of the day and evening and this means that I'm somewhere expensive with my 'powerful friends'!

You have to laugh! I was working this afternoon and this evening was spent at IKEA helping my daughter buy bedroom furniture for her new house. This involved hiring a Transit van and wrecking my back!

Even odder is the comment that I'm supposed to have made about people bragging about pitching for several days. 747 claims that this pinpoints me as someone he knows who has apparently said this somewhere else.

The problem is I never said it! It was said by Wooie (bottom of page two) and I just quoted it, note the inverted commas please!

Yes I was a bit sarcy with Flicka, but only after he made a rather nasty comment about me!

You lot really must try harder! ;-)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Peter James
flicka - 2013-01-10 9:48 PM

.....scrubbing Scarborough off our "to visit" list, is due to my wife being a wheelchair user & as parking would not be available anywhere close to where we would like to be.

I don't know where you would like to be, but the most popular area seems to be Foreshore Road / Sandside and there are lots of free parking disabled bays along there - but they do get full at peak times.

Tracker - 2013-01-10 2:09 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2013-01-10 9:34 AM

There have been two forum personae whose postings have resembled Had Enough's. One was Frank Wilkinson who was banned in 2007 for constantly bickering with "Starspirit" (who nowadays participates as "Tracker") and who rapidly resurrected himself under other aliases. The other was "GypsyTom", a user-name first used in late-2007, ceasing active participation in 2010. It was suspected (but never satisfactorily proven) that "GypsyTom" might be another of Frank Wilkinson's aliases.

Nearly, but not quite Derek. I have never made any secret of my rift with Frank Wilkinson and the resultant switch to Tracker.

Just for the record - I have no user names other than Tracker - never have had and don't intend that to change.

Frank did reappear for a while under the title of something like 'caravanexpert' or 'caraprof' - I don't think it was that but it was something similar and he made no secret of it. Sorry but the memory fails me.

Whatever else you can say about Frank, he was always transparent and upfront never feeling the need to hide his identity or switch usernames for his own ends.

On that basis I would be very surprised indeed if FW was behind any of the recent troll appearances since he left as he did have a lot of experience as I recall and was able to advise in his own inimitable style - as well as argue!

I've always understood (perhaps wrongly) that Starspirit,

whose Profile shows a Real Name of "Richard (Home is Pembroke)" and whose stated Interests include "...Stirring up a good natured discussion (I enjoy this). Being controversial (I'm good at that too!) Laughing (I do a lot of this) Doing things my way (can be bloody minded!) Tolerance (not known for this)"

and Tracker,

whose Profile shows a Real Name of "Rich", a Location of "King's Lynn" and Interests as "Perfecting the art of being a grumpy old man - still have lots to learn!"

were/are one and the same person.

It was plain that "caraprof" was a reincarnated Frank Wilkinson (appropriately banned on 1 April 2007) but, after the caraprof user-name ceased being used on 10 October 2007, other identities popped up that had many of FW's/caraprof's posting characteristics. One of these identities was "RupertGS" (08/09/2007 to 28/04/2010). Example here:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Bodywork-damage/17280/

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Bodywork-damage/17280/31/

and GypsyTom (30/11/2007 to 28/11/2012) was another.

It might be possible to decide via content analysis whether any, or all, of the RupertGS, GypsyTom and Had Enough entities were/are Frank Wilkinson clones, or whether Had Enough is a GypsyTom clone (which seems likely) but is not Frank Wilkinson. But I'm not going to spend time attempting this.

As argumentative forum 'discussion-type' threads rarely interest me, whoever Had Enough may be clone-wise is academic as far as I'm concerned.

Derek Uzzell - 2013-01-11 10:02 AM

whose Profile shows a Real Name of "Richard (Home is Pembroke)" and whose stated Interests include "...Stirring up a good natured discussion (I enjoy this). Being controversial (I'm good at that too!) Laughing (I do a lot of this) Doing things my way (can be bloody minded!) Tolerance (not known for this)"

and Tracker,

whose Profile shows a Real Name of "Rich", a Location of "King's Lynn" and Interests as "Perfecting the art of being a grumpy old man - still have lots to learn!"

Correct - we moved !!

But there are not and have not been any other incarnations.

With me WYSIWYG - no duplicity or deception - just a wicked sense of humour!!

I think 'had enough' is really 'Hue H Gonad' in disguise as gonads seems the right word to describe his ravings!

It might be possible to decide via content analysis whether any, or all, of the RupertGS, GypsyTom and Had Enough entities were/are Frank Wilkinson clones, or whether Had Enough is a GypsyTom clone (which seems likely) but is not Frank Wilkinson. But I'm not going to spend time attempting this.

Awe Derek, and it was just starting to get interesting!!!! :D

You're a closet Columbo at heart aren't you! (lol) I knew FW was a 'Rupert' but couldn't remember which one exactly ... I did write a little 'ditty' about him:

There was a little teddy bear

And RupertGS was his name

He always cause such mischief

Which drove others quite insane

Then one day when he asked for help

For once not playing a trick

He found no-one to would talk to him

In fear of his ‘taking the mick’

It really is extremely sad

That such a thing occurred

When others wished to be his friends

But derision was all they heard

And now RupertGS is a lonely bear

'King of the castle’ he may be

But without friends, what life is that

Such a sad, sad, destiny

Its quite obviously Rupert GS....I'd stake my nest egg on it. The detailed, well researched, and occasionally spiteful posts do have his 'fingerprints' all over them.

I have to confess to a sneaking regard for his stamina in carrying on a debate for so long about bugger all.

Guest pelmetman

Tracker - 2013-01-10 2:09 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2013-01-10 9:34 AM

There have been two forum personae whose postings have resembled Had Enough's. One was Frank Wilkinson who was banned in 2007 for constantly bickering with "Starspirit" (who nowadays participates as "Tracker") and who rapidly resurrected himself under other aliases. The other was "GypsyTom", a user-name first used in late-2007, ceasing active participation in 2010. It was suspected (but never satisfactorily proven) that "GypsyTom" might be another of Frank Wilkinson's aliases.

Nearly, but not quite Derek. I have never made any secret of my rift with Frank Wilkinson and the resultant switch to Tracker.

Just for the record - I have no user names other than Tracker - never have had and don't intend that to change.

Frank did reappear for a while under the title of something like 'caravanexpert' or 'caraprof' - I don't think it was that but it was something similar and he made no secret of it. Sorry but the memory fails me.

Whatever else you can say about Frank, he was always transparent and upfront never feeling the need to hide his identity or switch usernames for his own ends.

On that basis I would be very surprised indeed if FW was behind any of the recent troll appearances since he left as he did have a lot of experience as I recall and was able to advise in his own inimitable style - as well as argue!

and Tracker,

It was plain that "caraprof" was a reincarnated Frank Wilkinson (appropriately banned on 1 April 2007) but, after the caraprof user-name ceased being used on 10 October 2007, other identities popped up that had many of FW's/caraprof's posting characteristics. One of these identities was "RupertGS" (08/09/2007 to 28/04/2010). Example here:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Bodywork-damage/17280/

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Bodywork-damage/17280/31/

and GypsyTom (30/11/2007 to 28/11/2012) was another.

As argumentative forum 'discussion-type' threads rarely interest me, whoever Had Enough may be clone-wise is academic as far as I'm concerned.

It appears that this forum that I joined as a mere Innocent :D......................has hidden depths 8-)

Guest pelmetman
flicka - 2013-01-11 9:29 PM

Well I have to concede -it's not a re-incarnation of Francis Graham.

He would never have backtracked, his motorhome had no reverse gear.

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Archived