12 volt tv

John Younger

John,

There are quite a few makes of 12v TV's with DVD players, I have owned 2 or 3, 'My' advice; don't go for the cheapest, try to view before you buy, not easy I know, but better than wasting your money on an unsuitable one.

My Favourite one is our latest, an Avtex 16" with DVD, mainly because of the great 'Viewing angle' ie. means you can watch it when sitting almost parallel to the screen. not the cheapest.

Got ours from Capital. Ray.

Guest peter
John Younger - 2012-04-12 8:48 PM

does anyone know where to buy a 12volt tv with dvd

We got ours in currys 15.6" and cost £100, it has lots of connectivity and comes with 240/12v brick as well. We run ours direct from 12volt.

peter - 2012-04-12 9:47 PM

John Younger - 2012-04-12 8:48 PM

does anyone know where to buy a 12volt tv with dvd

We got ours in currys 15.6" and cost £100, it has lots of connectivity and comes with 240/12v brick as well. We run ours direct from 12volt.

At the other end of the price range are the Avtex models. We have a 18.5 inch model which performs excelently and comes with a 5 year guarantee.but you would be looking at around £390. So it is up to you whether you want to pay threee times as much for the extras you get over the Currys version.

The low power consumption was what sold it to us,

Guest machra

We have an oldish Avtex 15" model which is not widescreen so have just bought a Techwood 16" from Morrisons £110. Reason for not going with another Avtex was purely down to cost. Techwood is LED with DVD and USB input, freeview of course. It comes with a 240v 3 pin plug/ with built in voltage reducer, but to enable us to run it when not on hook up we also purchased one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-cigarette-lighter-lead-Techwood-16911-LED-TV-/160776256597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item256f02fc55

Picture is certainly as good as the Avtex and the set weighs a lot less.

Tried it at the weekend using the 12v cigarette lead and it was fine.

We have a 3year old 15" Avtex (supplied with Van) we have been very satisfied with it & big enough for our requirements.

It's not as slim as current models so the speakers are better (IMO) as the super slimline models sound a bit tinny to me. (no depth to speakers)

A friend has just purchased a Cello 16" & says that sounds OK. Not seen or heard it yet so don't know how it actually compares.

www.tv-village.net

We have a 3year old 15" Avtex (supplied with Van) we have been very satisfied with it & big enough for our requirements.

It's not as slim as current models so the speakers are better (IMO) as the super slimline models sound a bit tinny to me. (no depth to speakers)

A friend has just purchased a Cello 16" & says that sounds OK. Not seen or heard it yet so don't know how it actually compares.

www.tv-village.net

Guest pelmetman
I'm more than happy with our Morrisons 99quid special............DVD and a load of other stuff I haven't a clue about ;-).............and I think a 3 year guarantee B-)

Archived