Ducato Euro 5 Radio

Guest machra

Guest machra

I have a Euro 4 van with the new Euro 5 black dash fitted with the new radio. Has anyone an idea of how to reset the radio to stop the thing switching off in 20 mins?

There is nothing in the manual about this. The radio does have two settings, 20 mins and 0 mins. Both these are to do with when the radio switches off after the ignition key is removed and nothing to do with the time to turn off when the radio is switched on with the ignition key already removed.

I have read that this is possible with the new radio however I have contacted Fiat and they are uable/unwilling to offer a fix and just refer me to the radio manual.

Sorry I don't have an X250 shaped Ducato, but the '0 mins' part of the menu seems a bit useless, can this '0' be changed (increased) i am sure i have read of folk 'upping the shutdown' value to 120mins. or 60mins. after all, the '0' setting would mean the radio would not switch ON.

I wired my Euro 3 Peugeot radio to the leisure battery, and left it permanent, stand by. Ray

Guest machra

For those interested parties with the Euro 5 dash I managed to get the info I needed from another forum. Rather than explain please read the text below.

Some Swift Group Motorhomes, built on the new Euro V (2012 models onwards)

chassis from Fiat and Peugeot are supplied to us with a radio unit within the

dashboard.

Unlike previous seasons, this radio links to the CANBUS system and is supplied

with a timer to automatically shutdown to conserve battery power. The radio has

two modes, one for when the vehicle is used as commercial vehicle (NORMAL) and

one for use as a Motorhome (CAMPER).

If a customer wishes to change the amount of time the radio will stay on, please

follow the instructions below:

* Turn radio on using central ?power? button

* Within 15 seconds, simultaneously press ?FM AS? and preset button ?2?. Each

time this pair of buttons are pressed, the display will alternate between

?NORMAL POWER MODE? and ?CAMPER POWER MODE?

* Ensure that ?CAMPER POWER MODE? is displayed, then press ?MENU?

* Using the ?UP? and ?DOWN? button now changes the display to show various

adjustable items. Cycle through the options until ?RADIO OFF? and a number of

minutes is shown on the display. This will take approx. two presses of the ?UP?

button or seven presses of the ?DOWN? button.

* With ?RADIO OFF? shown on the display press the ?LEFT? or ?RIGHT? button. Each

press of either button will alternate the number of minutes shown between ?180?

and ?0?

* With ?180? showing on the display the setting is complete and three hours of

radio operation should be possible. Press the ?POWER? button to exit the menu

and return the display to its usual view.

Please note that in ?NORMAL POWER MODE? the same subsequent steps detailed above

can be followed, to choose between ?20 mins? and ?0 mins? of radio operation.

• 2 years later...

Below is a write-up that I have posted on the "Hints and Tips" section of this Forum! ..................

The radio has the option of being used in 'NORMAL' mode, which will switch the radio off after 20 minuets, or in 'CAMPER' mode, which will allow the use the radio for 180 minutes.

To swap between the two settings, do the following ........

1) Turn the radio ‘ON’ using the central power button.

2) Within 10 seconds, simultaneously press 'FM AS' and the pre-set button '2' and hold them pressed until the display changes to show either, 'NORMAL' power mode or 'CAMPER' power mode (this will take about 5 seconds). If the wrong mode is shown, switch the radio off and repeat until you get 'CAMPER'.

3) Ensure that 'CAMPER' power mode is displayed, then press ‘MENU’

4) Using the ‘UP and ‘DOWN’ buttons over and under the central power button, now changes the display to show various adjustable items. Cycle through the options until ‘RADIO OFF’ and a number of minutes is shown on the display. This will take approx. two presses of the ‘UP’ button or seven presses of the ‘DOWN’ button.

5) With ‘RADIO OFF’ shown on the display, press the ‘LEFT’ or ‘RIGHT’ button on either side of the central power button. Each press of either button will alternate the number of minutes shown between ‘180’ and ‘0’

6) With ‘180’ showing on the display the setting is complete and 180 minutes of radio operation will be possible. Press the ‘Menu’ button to exit the menu and return the display to its usual view.

It is possible that the above will work for other X250 vans (such as FIAT and Citroen) as well as Peugeot.

I hope that this is clear and that it is of help to those of you exasperated with the wretched 20 minute cut-off time.

Derek Uzzell - 2014-04-30 7:32 AM

The original posting is dated April 2012.

This link includes photos that may help further

http://swift-kontiki.co.uk/how-to/how-to-alter-the-switch-off-time-for-the-fiat-ducato-radio/

This posting does not mention the absolutely critical point of having to keep the two buttons pressed for about 5 seconds before the radio will switch to "Camper" mode (and vice versa).

spospe - 2014-04-30 5:05 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2014-04-30 7:32 AM

The original posting is dated April 2012.

This link includes photos that may help further

http://swift-kontiki.co.uk/how-to/how-to-alter-the-switch-off-time-for-the-fiat-ducato-radio/

This posting does not mention the absolutely critical point of having to keep the two buttons pressed for about 5 seconds before the radio will switch to "Camper" mode (and vice versa).

I'm not sure whether you are referring to machra's 2012 posting or to the link I provided. As far as the link is concerned, the possibility of having to hold down the two buttons for several seconds is highlighted in the 3rd paragraph.

The two forum members that recently added postings to the 2012 thread were clearly able to change the time-delay using the 2012 advice. That advice does not mention having to keep the buttons pressed for a few seconds, which suggests that the link's para 3 information may be correct - that some radios will switch immediately between Normal Power Mode and Camper Power Mode and some will not.

Archived