Camping cheques - again!

stantheman

Hi everyone

I've just been GIVEN some camping cheques by a friend. It says on the back that they're not transferable.

As she hasn't sold them to me I suppose it's not morally wrong to use them but the question is - are the serial numbers recorded against her name when she purchased them and would this show up when they are handed over with my name on them? Don't want to end up being extradited back to the Netherlands!

Hi Mike

i understood that you could transfer them, but I am sure some-one who has will come on and tell you. I have just to-day received my silver card . Never used them before, but have been to one campsite that took them, but as we didn;t have them cost a fortune. i thought that this year we would try some, as back up to our ACSI

Have you got the book with them? If not look on thie web site to view it.

PJay

stantheman - 2012-04-13 4:27 PM

Hi everyone

I've just been GIVEN some camping cheques by a friend. It says on the back that they're not transferable.

As she hasn't sold them to me I suppose it's not morally wrong to use them but the question is - are the serial numbers recorded against her name when she purchased them and would this show up when they are handed over with my name on them? Don't want to end up being extradited back to the Netherlands!

Mike

The paper cheques are sold all the time on other forums. Even if they record who purchased them by the time they found out you would have used them weeks if not months before. One of the things that campsites complain about Camping Cheques is that they only get paid twice a year so they must sit in a pile for months.

David

.....thanks for your replies. I'll take a chance and use them.

Hell, what have I got to lose at my age. I sometimes think that we pay too much attention to doing things right and lawful. The youngsters don't worry about it and they get by ok. Besides, from what I've read, prisoners are better off than pensioners!!!!!

stantheman - 2012-04-14 6:55 PM

.....thanks for your replies. I'll take a chance and use them.

Hell, what have I got to lose at my age. I sometimes think that we pay too much attention to doing things right and lawful. The youngsters don't worry about it and they get by ok. Besides, from what I've read, prisoners are better off than pensioners!!!!!

I shall be keeping an eye on all Lunar Roadstars on sites and if I am behind you in the queue at reception I shall bring it to the attention of the staff that you are an IMPOSTER and have no right to be there.

What is the world coming to? Using someone elses Camping Cheques surreptitiouslyly indeed *-) *-)

Mike

Archived